Chapter Twenty-Three: Rage

My heart sank as James stormed inside the bathroom full of rage and anger. Miles stood in between us trying to calm him down. I had never seen James that angry at me before. My body shook as I looked at him with fear. I knew he wasn't capable of hurting me but we already had aggressive encounters where his anger took over him. I held Miles from the arm as he stood in front of me yelling at James to calm down.

Suddenly James pushed Miles to the ground and roughly grabbed me from the arm pulling me out of the bathroom. I tried pulling away from his tight grip but that only caused him to grab me tighter. I heard Miles footsteps in the back trying to catch up to us. James opened a door from an empty classroom and pushed me inside locking the door shut behind us. I took a few steps backwards as he cornered me. Full of anger in his eyes he raised his fist at me.

James- FUCK!!!!!

My entire body froze as I saw him launch a direct hit towards me but instead he punched the board behind me

James- YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHO YOU'RE FUCKING WITH!!!

"James..." My voice broke I couldn't look him in the eyes. He was staring at me like if I was his enemy.

Miles-...James don't do nothing stupid! Just open up!

James- WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU WITH HIM ALONE IN THE BATHROOM HUH!?

"Bro listen!..We didn't do anything alright just open the door!" Miles desperate voice called out as he continued to slam his fists against the door.

James- ANSWER ME JAZMIN!!

Jazmin- You know what I'm not going to explain anything to you! Think whatever you want of me!

Standing in front of me with his hands formed into fists and heavily breathing. He shot me a cold stare that sent chills running down my body. I saw complete rage quickly consuming him. He doubted all the love I had for him. I couldn't hold back my tears any longer so I cried like I've never cried before. I wanted to feel his sweet warm embrace on me and I wanted to hear him say everything will be fine but instead I got nothing. He stepped back and kicked a desk that was near him.

I silently stood back as I watched him trying to cool down by leaning his forehead against the wall. Avoiding any further contact with me. I wanted to hug him tightly and tell him how much I loved him. Though I knew deep down nothing I could say in that moment would make him listen to me. There was silence between us for a couple minutes. Miles anxious voice had disappeared I no longer heard him banging on the door. Breaking the silence I took a few steps towards James.

Jazmin- I didn't know it was Jake..I saw Lina hugging someone from the neck and instantly thought that was you...Who else would she be all up on if it wasn't you? I wasn't aware that Jake joined the football team...I swear I love you James..I...I blacked out thinking that was you she was holding..I wanted to kill her...I hurt her real bad..This has never happened to me....I felt so much anger inside me that I just snapped...I can't believe I did what I did...(My body weakened and I fell to my knees covering my face with my hands as I cried)