Chapter Forty-Seven: The Hide Out (Pt.2)

The moon was shining bright as the stars decorated the sky so amazingly

The moon was shining bright as the stars decorated the sky so amazingly. I laid back in a chair gazing into the night blue sky. All my worries and doubts seemed to vanish at such a peaceful place. I thought about my parents and their safety throughout these past days. If I wanted to see them again I was forced to play James wicked game. I didn't want to think of the possibility of him being capable of hurting my parents or me for that matter. Especially in the weakness moment he found himself in. After those gunshots that night. I had found the strength within me I did not know I had. Aside from the rude careless behavior of James, I was not willing to let him die. Once we got to the cabin I found everything I needed to stitch him up. Luckily for him the bullet only grazed his skin.

He had few fevers here and there but he would be okay once the medication kicked in. He was not able to stand yet nor was he eating much. Most of the time he was just sleeping the pain off. I had the chance to runaway and the thought did cross my mind several times. After everything he had done to me he deserved for me to leave him alone. But I couldn't do it. I knew there was a possibility of some animal hurting him. Even though I knew deep down that was not the reason of my stay. Watching him for days and nights at a weakness point I had never seen him in. Only made me realize how much love and care he needed. He was truly vulnerable.

I wanted to be that person to give it to him. Then memories of all the tears and sorrow he caused me made me hate him all over again. I had build a strong wall around my heart when it came to James. I was not expecting an apology from him nor did I want it. All I wanted was to go back to my parents and to Jake. I wanted nothing to do with James anymore. His ruthless words had cut me deep and his sudden disappearance left my wound open without any closure. He belonged in the past not my presence or my future. If only I could make my heart understand that.

I turned over to find him still fast asleep. My eyes directly admiring a specific tattoo I had seen on his chest. The beautiful face of a girl with striking emerald green eyes a lot like mine. Seeing that tattoo earlier as I stitched him up my mind got puzzled. Although she looked a lot like me I wondered why he would get it. He had the tattoo done specifically on his chest where his heart was. 'Could he had done that for me?', I thought when suddenly I noticed him slowly move and I quickly looked away.

"Tiger...Where are you?" He asked in a weak broken tone as his eyes stayed closed but his hands moved around trying to feel me. "Ssh you need to rest" I said while taking a seat closer to him.

James- Come lay with me ..

Jazmin- James..I can't..You need to rest..So stop talking..

James- Jazmin..If I'm going to die..I wanna die next to you..Please lay down with me..

Jazmin- James you're not going to die..

As I finished saying that he slowly grabbed me from the arm and pulled me to his side.

James- The stars are shining bright tonight..