Chapter Seven: Late Night Thoughts

(JAMES P.O.V)
.
.
.
*That Same Night*

I got home and slammed the door behind me waking up my mom. She came rushing to the living room with a worrisome look on her face, "Honey what's wrong??". I could read her face expression and basically hear her thoughts. She was definitely wondering if I had gotten hurt or something. I can't blame her to always be worried about me I am a trouble maker and if trouble doesn't find me I'll go look for it.

James- *Annoyed.. Nothing Ma go back to sleep..

Emma- Is this attitude you have going on have anything to do with that girl you were arguing with outside a moment ago?

James- What?...I just got back from Miles house I don't know what you're talkin about..

Emma- Look James I saw the way you pushed that girl onto that tree..What is wrong with you?!

James- Ma stop..I don't want-

Emma- You don't want to hear it you never do James!

James- Listen I'm tired okay? Can we do this another night..(I began to walk away from her trying not to deal wit her dramatic reaction)

Emma- James come back here I'm not finished!

James- Goodnight Ma..

I closed my bedroom door and laid down. Knowing my stubborn mother this wasn't the end of it. So as I expected she opened the door and walked right in.

Emma- We need to talk.

James- Ma please another night okay?...I'm tired I just want to sleep..

Emma- James why are you always like this? You use to be this sweet loving kid..We use to talk without arguing...

I felt bad once she said that I remember us getting along so well..but people grow up and face the cruel reality of life and being innocent and sweet doesn't work in your favor anymore.

James- Ma I'm always going to be loving towards you..I would never disrespect you okay?..You know that..

Emma- I know honey but what about the easy talking we use to do before you turned into this hard badass you tend to be in front of others..

James- Alright ma what do you want to talk about??? (I sorta snapped)

Emma- Well we can start talking about that girl I saw you mistreat what was that about?

James- She just got under my nerve..

Emma- James you can't just go around mistreating people that way..

James- I know I messed up Ma..I'm aware of that..

Emma- What's her name?

James- Jazmin...She's new to town apparently it's just her and her mom..

Emma- I see...Well seems like you are very interested in this girl..

James- Ma I barely know her..

Emma- You seem to know a lot about her in just a small period of time..

James- News travel fast around school and in this town...

Emma- School?

James- Yeah she goes to my school I just found out earlier today actually...and by accident too *Laughs