Chapter Sixty-Nine: A Life Changing Decision

(AQUAMARINE'S ROOM)

Aquamarine- Is mommy mad?

Rose- She's a bit upset sweetie..After all you did behave bad didn't you?

Aquamarine- *Pouts.....I know but I wanted to see Uncle Jake so bad..

Rose- Honey I know you miss him too but you have to understand that you can't be doing these kind of things to us okay?..We worry about you and your safety..What if something bad happened to you?..Don't you think that would've hurt us all especially Mommy?

Aquamarine- Nothing bad will happen gramma...My superhero Uncle will save me like he did today!

Rose- Uncle? Who are you talking about honey?

Aquamarine- The man with pretty eyes that I met where uncle Jake is sleeping..Cedric thought he was scary but I thought he was super cool..

Rose- What was his name?

Aquamarine- Hmm..I don't know...But his eyes look like mine and uncle Jakes..They're blue just like the ocean! Oh I remember now!..He said he was uncle Jakes brother..How come I never saw him before?

Rose- *Shocked....James!?

Aquamarine- Who's James gramma?

Rose- Listen Aqua...I need you to do me a favor okay?

Aquamarine- Yes gramma?

Rose- Can you keep a secret?

Aquamarine- *Excited.....YES!

Rose- ....Okay so this will be our little secret okay?...Mommy or Grandpa cannot know you met Uncle Jakes brother okay?

Aquamarine- But Why gramma?

Rose- Because that will make Mommy really uncomfortable and even sad..Do you want to see her like that?

Aquamarine- No gramma...I don't want to see mommy sad anymore...

Rose- Okay so we will keep this as our little secret...

Aquamarine- What about Cedric? He knows our secret too Gramma...Do we have to bribe him?

Rose- *Chuckles...You're such a smart little girl...Leave Cedric to me okay?...You just make sure to not tell mommy what you told me deal?

Aquamarine- Deal!

(MEANWHILE OUTSIDE)

Miles- Hey relax..They're just kids Jaz..

Jazmin- NO MILES!...She should've known better!!..I felt my heart being ripped out of my chest for a moment thinking something might've happened to her on the way there!

Miles- ...I know you have so much going on in your mind but don't you think she's going through a rough patch herself?...After all Jake meant a lot to her too..

Jazmin- You're right...She loves him as much as she loves you...

Miles- Then try to relax and understand her..I'm not justifying her actions because I also don't agree with what she did but don't be too hard on her right now..You both need each other..Now more than ever.

Jazmin- Thank you Miles for always taking the wheel when it gets too much for me to handle...I really had missed you.

Miles- I've missed you both a lot too..You have no idea..