Chapter Twenty-Four: Burning Passion

(JAKE'S P.O.V)

Jake- Sir I have a favor to ask of you..

Richard- Haven't I made myself clear. I don't like getting bothered in my study room Jake.

Jake- I know but this is important..

Richard- It will have to wait.

Jake- DAMMIT DAD! I AM TRYING TO SPEAK TO YOU!

He suddenly slammed his pen against the desktop and glared at me with a raging stare. It was forbidden to address him in any other way besides Sir or Richard. I was about to get an earful out of him.

Jake- I'm sorry Sir...I just really need your help..I wouldn't be bothering you if I didn't.

Richard- What is it Jake.

Jake- I have a friend that's in trouble and-

Richard- Stop there. You interrupted my work for an issue that doesn't concern you but a friend of yours?

Jake- Yeah I just really need your-

Richard- Leave my study room right now Jake.

Jake- But Sir I-

Richard- LEAVE NOW!

"Yes Sir" I balled up my fists in anger as I turned around and left his study room. I should've known better than to come to him for help. All I wanted was to seek guidance and protection for Jazmin after the fight she had gotten into. I didn't want anything bad happening to her. After all she was the only reason why I decided to move schools. I couldn't watch her get kicked out and risk never seeing her again.

If my Father wouldn't help than I had to do whatever I could to get Jazmin out of trouble myself. That meant I had to pay a little visit to Lina. All I could hope for is that she's understanding enough to reach a deal with me. Otherwise I don't see things getting any better for Jazmin or me.

Catalina- Hi sweetie when did you get home?

Jake- Not to long ago..

Catalina- Aw you just missed dinner but don't worry I'll have someone send you a plate of food to your room..

Jake- Not hungry..

Catalina- Must you always be in such a mood Jake? I am just trying to love you.

I turned away from her the moment I felt her hand touch my shoulder. I couldn't stand that gold-digging wicked woman that unfortunately is my Step Mother. She married my Father only for the money. Though I have always had suspicion that my Father was aware of that. Whatever their deal was I didn't want any part of it. Heck I barely even wanted any part to do with my surname. Unfortunately it was my reality and I couldn't runaway from it..Only hide from it upon my friends and Jazmin. Nobody knew that I was wealthy and my Father owned the entire land where the town was built on. Not to mention many other properties around various cities. If Jazmin were to ever find out I lied about who I really am..I wonder..Would she care now?

Jake- You have your daughter for that..So don't worry about me so much..I don't need your love or attention. Excuse me I got somewhere to go..

Catalina- Drive safely sweetheart! Wouldn't want you getting into an accident....(Stupid little know-it-all)

*Door Knock*

Richard- What is it now??

Catalina- Oh honey you're in a bad mood..Tough day at work today?