Chapter Nineteen: Troubling Young Love

I woke up next morning to a loud desperate plea from a woman nearby. I also heard a bunch of voices and radio talkies. I got up to see what was going on. When I looked out the window I noticed a cop putting handcuffs on James. His mom desperately cried pleading for them to let him go. I quickly ran out of my bedroom and made my way outside.

Jazmin- James!! What's going on!?

He briefly looked at me then turned his head down while they put him inside the car.

Officer- Go back inside there is nothing to see here..

Jazmin- That's my boyfriend you just took!! Why!?

Emma- Jazmin please come inside with me..

Rose-...She isn't going anywhere near your house..Jazmin get inside RIGHT NOW!

Jazmin- Mom??...You did this!?! (I gave her a stare full of shock and hate at the same time)

Emma- What is she talking about?..

Jazmin- Mom answer me!!!

Rose- Get inside the house right now Jazmin!

Emma- (Grabs her from the arm) Look at me! Did you do this to my son!?

Rose- As much as I would've loved too for basically kidnapping my daughter..NO! I didn't call the cops on him someone beat me to it! *Pulls Away

My mom grabbed me from the arm and forced me inside the house. I was beyond mad I ran upstairs to grab my stuff and to change clothe. I was determined to go look for James no matter the consequences. I suddenly heard my bedroom open and my mom came in.

Rose- I need to talk to-...Wait what do you think you're doing??

Jazmin- I'm leaving!..

Rose- *Chuckles..Where too?

Jazmin- To Emma's house! At least there I won't be treated like an enemy or worse a prisoner!

Rose- Can we please talk Jazmin..

Jazmin- No! I don't want to hear your lame excuses I know you were behind this mom!

Rose- Jazmin you're not listening.

Jazmin- I don't want to listen to you!

Rose- You are not going anywhere because you are still under age! and secondly I didn't do anything it was Jakes sister..

Jazmin- What?...(I dropped my clothe)

Rose- She called me from a private number this morning asking to verify James address and if he was home...I had no reason to lie to her..I understand her worry and what her family must've gone through..James needs to learn his lesson!

Jazmin- You're unbelievable!!!..How dare you mom! There was a woman outside pleading..no BEGGING for her sons freedom! And you just stood there and said nothing!! You knew this was going to happen why didn't you say something!!

Rose- I told you..I didn't have any reason to lie to that poor girl..James deserves what he is getting and I want you to stay far away as possible from him you understand me?

Jazmin- You can't make me!

Rose- You'll leave me no other choice then to send you back to Jacksonville with your grandmother..