Chapter Six: Bright Stars

Just as my thoughts were wondering about James and his plastic girlfriend. I heard a knock on the door it was Jake. He looked a bit pale as if he hadn't been sleeping much. I invited him in. We both sat down across from each other with an awkward silence filling the room.

Jake- I wanted to see you..

Jazmin- Well I'm here..

I had never felt such an uncomfortable awkwardness around him. It seemed as if he had felt it too as we both stared at one another with uneasiness.

Jake- I'm sorry I haven't called..

Jazmin- It's okay..I guess you've been busy..(Yeah right)

Jake- I want to invite you somewhere and please don't say no..

Jazmin- Where?

Jake- It's a surprise..Can you come?

Jazmin- Jake I don't know...

Jake- Please Jazmin..I feel like we need this..I just want to spend a moment with you alone.

Jazmin- *Sighs

Jake- Please..

Jazmin- Let me get my purse..

Jake- You won't need it and you're fine how you look..Just come with me..

Jazmin- I'm wearing Pjs Jake..At least let me change real quick I won't take long..

I went inside my room changed into some jeans and a tank top. I rushed downstairs and took the house keys with me and left a note for mom saying I was going out with Jake. As we got inside his car I felt really awkward around him. I don't know if it was just the feeling of guilt and uncertainty that made me feel this way. After what seemed to be a long silent drive we finally got there. It was a beautiful park none like I've seen before. We got out of the car and he instantly grabbed my hand without saying anything he led the way. We passed by a playground for kids which was empty since it was pretty late.

He suddenly stopped and laid a blanket on the grass. With a smile on his face he patted the empty spot next to him indicating me to sit down. I looked at him confused while he laid back calmly looking at the sky. So I sat next to him both of us silent at first. All we could hear were crickets on the distance almost sounding like they were harmonizing together. I saw him looking at me from the corner of my eye. However I didn't want to turn to face him. Suddenly I felt his hand reach my cheek as he starts to caress my face I felt like I was home again.

Jake- Lay down I won't bite..

Jazmin- I'm fine here..

Jake- You're missing the view..The whole reason why I brought you here.

Jazmin- I'm seeing it just fine from here..This park is beautiful Jake..I bet it even looks nicer during the day.

Jake- The view you're seeing is fine..The one I'm seeing is out of this world.

I look over my shoulder to see him and as I'm staring at him I notice his sweet blue eyes shinning with admiration. I think to myself this is the guy I fell in love with he's the one I want it's always been him but why do I feel so distant towards him. I have to shake this feeling off. So I laid down next to him and turned my eyes to the direction where his eyes were looking too.