Chapter Fifty-Four: The Agreement

I was taken by surprise with everything Miles had confessed. I didn't know how to express myself to him. I was so confused the entire time he was there showing me his comfort and lending me a shoulder to cry on. I should've seen a sign or noticed something off but I never did. To me he was like my unconditional friend. Someone I could always count on no matter what. He had become like the brother I never had. It didn't feel right to say yes to him. He was after all the best friend of James or at least was once. I couldn't do it. Even though he would be the right and safe choice. I knew he would treat me right and love my daughter as if she was his own. However that wasn't the case. I didn't have room in my heart for another guy. James had taken it all leaving just a small space for Jake. I cared for him still and I loved James. I just couldn't accept Miles at least not this way. It wouldn't have been fair to him.

Jazmin- I don't know what to say..

Miles- Please just say you'll think about it..

Jazmin- There is nothing to think about..You're James best friend..You would be like an uncle to my daughter..I can't do this Miles..It's doesn't feel right..

Miles- Jazmin it's been months since I've heard about James..He isn't a friend of mine if he pushed me away from his life just like that..I didn't do anything to him..He had no reason!

Jazmin- You fell in love with his girl isn't that reason enough?

Miles- He suspected that but he never knew for sure and you aren't his girl anymore Jazmin..The sooner you accept the fact that he is gone and never coming back..the sooner you'll be able to heal that wound he left in your heart..

Jazmin-...Don't you think I know that Miles?..It's just easier said then done..

Miles- (She looked away from me and I quickly grabbed her hand)....Let me help you...Give me a chance to prove to you that I can also hold a special place in your heart..I can heal what he damaged..If only you'd let me..

Jazmin- I just can't change what I feel for you in a split second..I see you as a friend..nothing more..I'm sorry Miles but I won't make that same mistake again..I won't hurt someone like you..Not when u mean so much to me..You have been there for me in a point of my life where I felt more alone than ever.

Miles- Listen..I silenced this strong feeling I held inside for you for so long..Now that it's out in the open I won't back down without a fight..I'll fight for you and the little princess until I help you realize that I'm right for you..

Jazmin- I just can't accept you like this..Not when my heart and mind belong to someone else..Not this way Miles..You don't deserve that..You deserve someone that will not share their heart or thoughts for someone else..Someone who will ONLY love you and no one else..Someone without any kids involved..You deserve to have your OWN children one day...Your first experience to become a Father..I'm sorry but clearly I'm just not that someone..

Miles- Okay I'll propose something new..If by the first year of her birthday James still hasn't gotten around to come look for you..You gotta promise me you'll have an answer for me..I will not take no for an answer right now..You say I deserve better..Well you are what I deserve..You and her both..If by her first year you still can't picture a life with me..I will leave you alone..

Jazmin- Miles please don't say-

Miles- Shh let me finish...I will leave you alone about this topic..I will NEVER speak of how much you mean to me again..I won't put you in an uncomfortable situation...But I want you to know that as long as I'm living I won't ever walk away from her life..I will be like a father..a best friend..a confidant to your little girl and don't worry I'll still be there for you too..Regardless of your decision and if James were to come back in your life within that year...I will step back...I promise but I can't promise I'll put distance between her and I..