Chapter Twenty-Eight: Aching Hearts

Throughout the entire night I couldn't seem to get a shut eye. The scene of Jake almost dying in my arms kept replaying in my mind so vividly that it still haunted me. I didn't want to leave his side however a lady named Nana rushed inside his room crying by his side. Both James and I thought we should leave them alone so we left to the waiting room. James kept insisting that we leave home but I didn't want too. Until he began to get jealous and thoughts about me having feelings for Jake started to take over him. I decided to avoid having arguments and left home with him instead.

"Honey I'm glad you're awake there's someone on the line for you" I immediately stood up and took the phone from her hand. "Hello?" "Hi am I speaking with Lady Jazmin?" "Um..Yeah..Who is this?" "It's Jake's Nana..I got your number from his phone I hope you don't mind dear?". I was a complete nervous wreck. I wasn't sure why she called me for but I had a bad feeling. "No-no it's totally fine..Um how is...Uh Jake" I nervously said while biting my bottom lip hoping she would say the opposite of what I was thinking.

"That's actually why I called you. He finally woke up and the first person he asked to see was you..Could you please come to the Hospital? The Doctors say he is still very weak and needs rest but he refuses to get any until he see's you". My heart was thumping real loud but from happiness that Jake had finally woken up. "I'll be right there!" I quickly ended the call and immediately threw on the first outfit I found. My mother stood by with a confused expression on her face.

Rose- Excuse me where do you think you are going young lady?

Jazmin- Mom...I need to go..

Rose- Go where?

Jazmin- To the hospital..I need to see Jake..

Rose- You aren't going anywhere but to the police station..We need to tell them someone is out there trying to hurt you!..You are definitely moving back to Jackson..

Jazmin- MOM! I'm not going to any police station and I am certainly not moving okay!..Look I don't know what your deal is...You have been acting strange but whatever it is I don't have time to deal with it or with you..I need to leave!

Rose- Jazmin you are not going out! We need to sort this out! You are not safe out there!

Jazmin- (I couldn't keep the tears in any longer)...Jake might die!! I need to see him okay!!

Rose- Jaz...Honey please don't cry....I'm sorry I-I should've been here last night I shouldn't have left you alone....This is all my fault.

Jazmin-....Mom it isn't your fault but please understand that right now I have to be by Jakes side...He needs me..

Rose- Get inside the car I'll take you.

*Meanwhile At The Hospital*

James- Why are we here??

Emma- You need to get checked..

James- Ma I told you I'm fine...You worry too much..

Emma- Fine does not define your pale face and the fact you can't even drive because you feel dizzy..

James- I told you I got hit by a ball at practice yesterday..

Emma- Well you might've injured yourself..So lets go..

James- I'm not going anywhere ma..

Emma- James get out of the car..

James- Look I just asked for a ride to Miles house...If that's too much to ask for I'll take the bus..