Chapter Eleven: The Heartbreak

We had finally arrived home and I was back inside my room laying down on my comfortable bed. I heard a car pull over nearby. It must've been James. We managed to get home before he did. I had to make up a huge lie to my mother so she wouldn't question me so much. I knew she had caught eye of James car behind us and as expected she asked me on the way home. I told her we were playing tag football at the park with a couple of friends. Both of us were captains from our teams. We had become tied and so he and I made a bet. Whoever got home first would end up winning. To my relief she bought everything. Although she still didn't like the idea of me playing around with him. I guess she never really got over that first night she met him.

Just as I was closing my eyes to sleep the vision of James and I kissing replayed in my mind. I was still able to vividly feel the sensual sensation his lips made me feel. The thought of a possibility of it happening again made me feel uneasy yet excited. Deep down I knew it wasn't right to think or feel this way. However it wasn't easy for me to avoid these new feelings that were developing for James in such a crazy fast way. I barely knew anything about him yet I felt a deep attraction towards him. Suddenly I heard the tires of a car screech just outside my window. I quickly got up to take a look and saw Jakes car parked on-top of the sidewalk with his door wide open.

Out of nowhere I heard a loud shriek coming from a woman frantically shouting, "LEAVE HIM ALONE YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!". Her voice sounded familiar just then my heart sank. It was the mother of James who was yelling in panic. I could only think of two people who would want to badly kill each other. I immediately ran out of my house as fast as I could following the screaming voice I was hearing. The closer I got the louder it sounded. Once I got to the scene I saw James on the floor bleeding from his mouth while Jake was on-top of him throwing several punches. Emma was there also screaming in uncontrollable fear while trying to take Jake off her son but it was useless. Jake was twice her size and stronger. Especially when he was furious. I helped her try and stop the fight but instead Jake pushed us hard enough that Emma and I both fell onto the floor.

Jazmin- JAKE STOP IT!!!

Emma- THAT'S IT! I'M CALLING THE COPS!

She rushed inside her house to grab the phone. Meanwhile I stood back up. I tried pulling Jake back from the shoulders. He was completely blacked out like if he was possessed by anger. I didn't want him to end up in jail for attempt murder. I saw James eyes slowly closing while his mouth and right eyebrow bled gruesomely. I had to think of something quick before Jake caught a murder case. I wouldn't be able to bare it if either one of them ended up badly hurt all because of me. I took the risk of possibly getting punched by Jake but I had to act quick. So I got on my knees and placed my hands on Jakes face forcing him to look my direction.

He turned to see me and for a split second I feared him. His eyes were no longer tender nor sweet instead he had this ravaging killer stare like he was determine to KILL James no matter what. I knew what I had to do. It could've been the only way to stop a death from taking place. So with little thought I reached over to his lips and I kissed him. He suddenly stopped beating James and responded to my kiss. I felt him shake nervously while his hands covered in James blood touched my face. Without breaking the kiss I managed to make him move away from James. I started to feel his tenderness creep back in him while he kissed me softly. "I love you Jazmin" he said to me in-between the kiss.

I was afraid of what might happen if I stopped kissing him. Suddenly I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist pulling me away from Jake. It all happened so quickly. James took a swing towards Jakes face knocking him onto the floor. He quickly began to throw kicks aiming directly at Jake's stomach. I immediately separated them and with a quick reaction James picked me up and forcefully took me to his car where he threw me inside his trunk.