Chapter Sixty-Eight: Farewell My Love

"I will never be ready to say goodbye to you"

"I will never be ready to say goodbye to you". I said with tears rolling down my face as I laid a rose on his tombstone. I tried so hard to hold my composure. Jake's funeral was full of friendly people that loved him. Aquamarine held onto my hand tightly showing me support. If it wasn't because she was there I would've broken in a million pieces. Jake had an almost instant death. The last words he spoke will never perish from my mind nor will his memory vanish. He gave his life to save my little girl. I will never forget what he did. He will live on in my thoughts and heart. Everything we lived together will forever be cherished.

Rose- Honey..I think we should leave now...Everyone else is leaving..

Ashanti- Your Mom is right Jaz..Plus it looks like it's gonna rain..

John-....Cmon my Little fishtail Princess let's go home..

Aquamarine- No!..I won't leave mommy..

John- She'll follow us right after okay?

Aquamarine- No..I want to stay with her!

Jazmin- Aquamarine Listen to your grandpa..I'll be home later okay?

Aquamarine- No mommy!..I won't leave you!..You need me!

Rose- Honey..She can get sick if she stays out here it's really cold..Why don't we all leave together?

Jazmin- ALL OF YOU LEAVE!!!..I'm not going home yet.....I....I can't leave him..

John- We'll give you a couple more minutes alone..Come on everyone..We'll wait in the car.

Aquamarine- But....

Ashanti- No buts Missy..Don't you want to play with Keon and Cedric?...They're happy to see you!

Aquamarine- Cedric and Keon are here!!!...Yay!! Okay!...but...Mommy..Will you be okay?

Jazmin- As long as I have you..I'll always be okay my bright sunshine..

Rose- We'll be waiting for you sweetheart..Please..Take it easy..Don't forget...He wouldn't have wanted you to be hurting.

My mother was right. He always thought about everyone else before himself. My mind wondered off to the very first time I met him. How those beautiful light blue eyes hypnotized me. All those times he made me laugh. How sweet his lips tasted. The carefulness of his touch on my skin. He was handsome and charming a true gentleman. I was going to miss him so much. I turned my head down not being able to control the tears I was trying so hard to hold back. I couldn't contain myself anymore. With Aquamarine not being around to see me. I was finally able to let my guard down. I broke down like never before. The pain I was feeling in my chest was throbbing inside me. I felt weak and broken. Suddenly someone hugged me from behind.