Chapter Sixty-Two: The Return

"James Is Coming Back". His words echoed in my ears and hit my heart like thunder. I turned away from him lost in confusion. Why was he coming back after so long? Why to stay? I couldn't pull myself together to ask such questions to Miles. I wouldn't be able to hide the desperation in my voice. I was afraid..really afraid. He couldn't find out about Aquamarine. He would surly claim rights to her. I was sure as soon as he found out my secret he would use vengeance against me. He would dare take her away from me for good if he found out about Miles and I. Even if we weren't in good terms. It didn't take away the fact I gave myself to Miles and that I was sure James would never forgive. I didn't want to even imagine of what the outcome would be. I had to leave everyone and not say a single word. I was not going to give up my daughter.

Jazmin- I gotta leave town!

Miles- What?

Jazmin- Don't you understand what this means?? If James finds out about us he will pay back by taking Aqua away from me!!

Miles- He can't do that and he wouldn't either Jazmin...

Jazmin- You don't know him like I do!!..He's possessive! If he finds out the truth about us he will take vengeance and what perfect way then to strike me with taking my daughter away from me!!!...I gotta disappear with her...I gotta do this tonight!

Miles- Hey relax..You both aren't going anywhere...I won't let you runaway..

Jazmin- Exactly what were you planning on doing!..Wasn't it the same?..You were planning on leaving me with all this to deal with! Tell me Miles were you even going to tell me anything??

Miles- The only reason why I left you was because of him!..I knew you would want to go back with him as soon as you heard about his return...I wasn't going to be an obstacle between you two..So I decided to leave myself before I was left..

Jazmin- You made that decision for yourself!

Miles- This is not the time to argue..

Jazmin- Are you sure he's staying for good?? What if he's just passing by again??

Miles- He called me about a month ago saying he was coming back to claim what rightfully belongs to him..

Jazmin- (What rightfully belongs to him?)...I need to get away from here!..PLEASE come with me!..I can't do this alone Miles!

Miles- (I thought the news of his return would excite her..I never imagined her to get so frightened and freak out)....Hey look at me?..Calm down alright?

Jazmin- (He grabbed me from the face and gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek)...I'm afraid of losing Aquamarine...I can't risk that Miles..

Miles- You won't...I will never allow James to take her from you okay?..But running away isn't going to solve anything Jazmin..

Jazmin-...I don't know what to do!..

Miles- I have an idea..When he arrives I'm sure I'll be the first to find out..He'll reach out to me and I will let you know..We will take Aquamarine to Ashantis house..Taking her to Amy's it's too risky..She'll have to stay there until James leaves..

Jazmin- What if he is planning on permanently staying!?...What than Miles??!

Miles- *Takes Deep Breath.....Then we will come out to him with the truth...After all we aren't dating anymore..He won't have to get so mad about it...He will most likely beat the shit out of me but I can take that...