Chapter Sixty-Five: Closing Two Chapters

I called Jake to meet me over at the beach after James left. I wasn't sure if James was going to leave town or not so I didn't want to take any chances. I asked Jake to drive my little girl and I back to the cottage instead. Once we got there Aquamarine was being a bit uneasy and cranky. I knew it was because she was use to sleeping in her own crib and felt out of place. After struggling to put her to sleep, I finally had some quite alone time. I walked over to the porch outside to take some fresh air. It had been a long day and a difficult one to say the least. Sudden creaking noise of the wood floor startled me and I quickly turned around.

Jazmin- *Gasps....Oof...Jake you scared me..

Jake- Sorry didn't mean too...

Jazmin- What are you still doing here?..I had imagined you had left..

Jake- I stayed to know if you were okay...You didn't say a single word on the way back...

Jazmin- *Takes Deep Breath......For the first time ever....I think everything will be okay..

Jake- *Disappointed....So you gave him another chance..

Jazmin- No.

Jake- What?...You didn't?

Jazmin- I need to focus on Aquamarine and what is right for her Jake....

Jake- You don't think James would accept her?

Jazmin- (If only you knew)....Um..I'm not sure..

Jake- James could be aggressive a damn hothead and even cold at times...but he isn't heartless Jazmin...He loves you enough to look past the fact you got pregnant by Miles..Sure he will be pissed for a while but I'm sure he'll come around...He will because he doesn't want to lose you..

Jazmin- Ha.....Look at you..On brotherly defense now?

Jake- *Chuckles....No not at all...I'm just stating facts and you know I'm right.

Jazmin- *Sighs....I know Jake but my decision has been made and there is no going back.

He walked over and stood next to me also looking up admiring the beautiful view. The moon was bigger then usual sending a glamours light that covered the entire cottage. "You ever seen a more beautiful moon then this one?". Right when he asked me my mind immediately played that one long beautiful night I spend with James. The time where he had taken me far out into a beautiful small cabin after finding out Jake had proposed to me. We had made love all night long. Under the sparkling small stars that decorated the night sky. That beautiful big moon that was even more amazing then the one I was gazing upon now. I held exciting wild passionate memories of James deep inside my soul. Our relationship was an intense rollercoaster. One that closed down for good this time. Though will forever live in my heart.

Jake- Penny for your thoughts?

Jazmin- *Smiles....Just admiring the scenery..

Jake- Seemed like you were admiring one that happened long ago..

Jazmin- You're imagining things...

Jake- The only scenery I'm imagining was the one we shared in your bedroom..

As he finished saying that I turned over to him with a confused face expression. He suddenly got closer and with his hand he swept my hair to the side exposing my neck.