Chapter Fifty-Eight: A Passionate Night

The sky had gotten dark and the clouds had turned grey. It started to rain hard outside and inside the cabin it got super cold. I reached over a wooden table near me for a warm blanket and then I snuggled close to the fireplace. Both Amy and Jean had taken over the bedroom leaving Miles and I in the living room. We hadn't spoken a single word to each other. He knew Amy had left me the card where the number of James was written on. Yet he didn't ask me a single thing. I turned over to look at him and noticed he was shaking of coldness. He had his eyes closed as he curled up in the sofa trying to stay warm with just a thin blanket. The rain had caught up to both him and Jean. Earlier they had gone back to check on the car and tried to move it to the side where no other car would end up hitting it.

Jazmin- Miles are you still awake?

Miles- Yeah..

Jazmin- Come over here by the fire..It's a lot more warmer..

Miles- Are you sure that's fine with you?

Jazmin- Don't be silly..

Miles- .....Woo it is warmer..

Jazmin- (I saw him shaking as he stretched his hands out towards the fire trying to warm himself up)...Sit closer to me..

Miles- *Confused...Um I'm fine here..

Jazmin- (I rolled my eyes in annoyance)...I won't bite Miles...

Miles- I just don't want you feeling uncomfortable..

I sat closer to him then I offered to share my warm blanket. While I placed it over his back he thanked me with a trembling smile.

Jazmin- I hope you don't get sick..

Miles- It was light rain nothing will happen..

Jazmin- You still got wet..

Miles- Don't worry about me I'll be fine..

Jazmin- Why are you acting this way?..I should be the one mad at you not the other way around..

Miles- I'm not mad..Just...Disappointed I guess..

Jazmin- Why would you be disappointed?

Miles- Because I know I lost you...I wasn't good enough..I was a fool for thinking I stood a chance..Not even his own brother who you knew first was able to compete for your love against James..I'm stupid..

He took off the blanket and stood up. "Miles can you sit down and hear me out" I said while looking at him.

Miles-....I'm not a little kid you know?...I can take it...There's no need to break it down to me..I know it's always been James...You will always choose him no matter what.

I stood up and walked over to him. Once I was face to face with him. I took him from the hand and said "I need you to listen to everything I have to say".

Miles- We don't have to do this..

Jazmin- I didn't talk to him..

Miles- Didn't Amy give you his number?

Jazmin- Yeah she did and I dialed it...but I couldn't bring myself to say a single word to him after he answered..

Miles- Why?

I looked down to our hands that were now holding. "Because I don't need to find anyone else..I have everything I could ask for here...In front of me".

Miles- But..

Jazmin- Shh let me finish..Miles you entered my life in a point where I felt devastated and more alone then ever..You were there throughout my entire pregnancy not once leaving my side and I know I've said this millions of times..But I want you to know I mean it..You are the perfect father figure for Marine..You love and care for us both and for that I'll always be eternally grateful..I am beyond lucky to be able to have such a caring loving loyal person like you in my life..I couldn't possibly think of risking a wonderful future with you..For someone that belongs in the past.