Chapter Twenty-Two: Rumors

(Following Morning)

I woke up to the sound of an annoying alarm that wouldn't stop beeping loudly. Slamming my hand on it causing it to jam I finally woke up and disconnected it. "Fine you win I'm up!!" I annoyingly shouted while getting out of bed. The first person I saw was a half naked James standing by his bedroom window waving at me. No no no! I freaked out. My hair was a total mess and I still had saliva prints all around my mouth.

I quickly dodged him by falling back into bed. Immediately brushing my hair with my fingers and wiping off any sign I had just woken up from my face. I stood back up and walked near my window. He was laughing while holding onto a piece of paper that read in big bold letters "Take you to school?". I shook my head nodding a disappointed No. Unfortunately due to my Mother I had to keep a low key profile for now.

He shook his head and began to write in another paper. I smiled knowing he was able to just send me a simple text message but instead he preferred writing me notes. I thought it was pretty romantic. Benefits of not having my phone with me I thought. The next words read "See you at school then hot stuff". I rolled my eyes hating the way he spoke to me sometimes. It made me feel like just another one of his bimbo's. However I quickly changed my mind the minute he pressed his lips against the window glass sending me a kiss. Smiling back at him I did the same.

Suddenly I heard the knob of my bedroom door rattle. My mom! I thought as I quickly closed the curtains and immediately stood by my bed instead. Grabbing a blanket I pretended to fix my bed. She walked in saying "Jaz wake up-". Her eyebrows raised the second she saw me awake already. Surprised that she didn't have to come in giving me one of her infamous alarming shouts.

Rose- Good...You're up..

Jazmin- Yeah I'm up....(I tried dodging a conversation by picking out an outfit from my closet to wear for school)

Rose- Jazmin we need to talk sit down.

Jazmin- Mom I'll be late for school..

Rose- I'll make an exception this time.

Jazmin- (And that's how I know she meant business)...Well I don't want to be late..

Rose- I know you came home late last night and you didn't show up to school...Sit Down we need to talk.

Jazmin- (Here we go)....I'm listening..

Rose- Where did I go wrong?

Jazmin- What?

Rose- I thought we were able to tell each other everything...Where did I go wrong?

"Mom..." I dropped my look down not being able to look at her eyes that were full of sadness and disappointment. I felt awful to know I was the one causing her pain.

Rose- Tell me where I went wrong..Because I don't know what to do..If I make you move you'll hate me but if I let you stay I'll hate myself for letting that boy change who you really are.

Jazmin- Mom you're wrong..I'm still me..He hasn't changed me..

Rose- Hear yourself Jazmin..You have never skipped school before..Or stayed late roaming around the streets with a total stranger you just met not so long ago.

Jazmin- He's not a stranger..Mom if you would just listen..

Rose- Answer me one question..With total honesty.

Jazmin- *Skeptical...Um..What is it?

Rose- Are you certain he loves you?

I stayed quite for a moment. Not because I doubted his love for me but because I didn't know why she asked me that so suddenly.