Review #36: Essence

christysarin

First Impression: nice cover!

This is a really well written story and I like the idea of the guide before the story to let readers know what will be going on. You have a great writing style and your descriptions are there. Everything is beautifully written, smooth, and flowing. I like that you characterize them right off the bat, and I can really tell the personalities of each of your characters. I was confused in chapter 1 during the transition form the italicized words to the regular words. Is she dreaming when the words are italicized? How did she know about the wolf, and what do you mean by dreaming about the wolf? There seems to be a big piece of information missing from there, because you create this atmosphere of terror while she travels into the forest, and then all of a sudden, she sees this wolf and everything changes. I would also suggest speeding up the pace of the chapters a little, because a lot of description can also be redundant and bore the audience. 

Remember that these suggestions are just my opinion, and this is your story, so make sure to write it the way you want it to be! If you don't agree with any of my suggestions, then ignore them :)

If you are feeling nice, I would greatly appreciate it if you give one of my stories a read, follow me, or give me a shoutout! If you enjoy making art, I would love for you to make something for one of my stories, and I will post it!

Lastly, please comment below a rating of how helpful this review was for you (out of 5 stars). Be honest, it will help me! Thanks :)

- bluecrayonlady