Review #44: Esthara: A Call for Blood and Peace

EMSkeelsCaldwell

First Impression: nice cover

The biggest thing that stood out at me were your descriptions because of how detailed and vivid they were. They add so much to the story, which is great, especially for a fantasy book. Your vocabulary is very strong, which is a key part to your descriptions, and your prologue is very action filled. That being said, I am confused about how Chapter 1 ties into the Prologue. After reading on, I also was confused about how each chapter relates to each other. They seem to be individual stories that don't connect. I fell that you should introduce the characters and tell us how they relate to other characters in the story, because right now it feels like a book full of short, separate stories. You have great characterization, and you take time to develop each character fully, which is great because it does help me distinguish between them. You have a great writing style, and it definitely is your strong suit. For your summary, there are some sentences that are structured awkwardly, so you could go back and edit later. I also want to know, what does A.R.D. stand for?

Remember that these suggestions are just my opinion, and this is your story, so make sure to write it the way you want it to be! If you don't agree with any of my suggestions, then ignore them :)

If you are feeling nice, I would greatly appreciate it if you give one of my stories a read, follow me, or give me a shoutout! If you enjoy making art, I would love for you to make something for one of my stories, and I will post it!

Lastly, please comment below a rating of how helpful this review was for you (out of 5 stars) Be honest, it will help me! Thanks :)

- bluecrayonlady