tell me something i don't know

Jade

I sit by the curb, my face red and wet with tears. The sky was dark above me and the time a mystery.

My hand reached for my phone and pulled it out of my pocket. The time read 7:30pm.

I laughed at myself. I've been sitting here for almost 2 hours just crying.

As I unlocked my phone my heart dropped at the photo of Perrie on my homescreen.

But not long after was the sound of footsteps getting close. I lifted my head up to see someone I never expected. At least after what I did in the past.

My heart skipped a beat at the sight of his smile, his loose blonde hair and a snapback.

His blue eyes stared back at me as I waved at him. He could put a smile on your face the second you make eye contact.

"Jade." he smiled.

I lifted my body off the cold ground and found myself crying on his shoulder. I tugged on his white long sleeve shirt trying to pull him closer than he already was.

"Hey," he cooed "stop that. You're stronger than that." he told me as he wiped the tears under my eyes.

"This is all wrong," I say  "and how can I stay strong if she's with someone else?!"

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Niall, you shouldn't be here," I start "you're not supposed to be comforting me. Instead I need you to yell at me, slap me, hit me even." I say.

He sighed as he shook his head. "You're wrong. Not us," he cooed "how could I ever do something to you."

"Us? Who are you talking about? The boys?"

"Leigh-Anne." he answered.

I took a step away from him and looked into his eyes, "Leigh-Anne? That's impossible.. she hates me."

"How do you know that?" he asked.

"I don't," I mutter "I don't know."

"Exactly," he smiled as he snaked his hand around mine "just because she's with Perrie doesn't mean she'll hate you."

"Have you ever been with Leigh-Anne? What makes you so sure about her? She's probably only with P -"

"Jade," he sighed "I've been out with Leigh-Anne several times. You could even ask Harry, Liam or Louis. She asked all of us about you. She understands you. She wants to help you. Leigh knows how much Perrie means to you. She wants to fix that. I'm not joking Jade. Perrie asked her to call me. So I could be here. Even if it seems like Perrie hates you she doesn't. Even if she ends up moving on from you she still wants you in her life. You played a big role in her past that she can't easily erase. Again," he smiled "I wouldn't be here with you nor seeing you again if it wasn't for Perrie. Let her have some time to focus on a new life then when she does she'll you let you back in. Probably not as a best friend just yet but your relationship is a work in progress. You'll be as close as a golf club and a ball in no time."

I smiled and wrapped myself around him. Inhaling his cologne which I tend to fall in love with.

"Thank you," I say "for being such a great friend."

"Great friend,"he chuckled "with all been through." he joked.

"I'm just kidding Horan. Course you're my best friend. Jiall will rise." I laugh.

"Now why don't we get outta here and go visit Perrie."

"She won't go all -"

"She wants you to come over. Now get your ass moving and get me in your car."

"Wait how did you get here?"

"Taxi." he laughed.