views and late walks

Perrie

I lean on the balconys rails and smiled as I watched the London lights flicker, the cars drive past and the cool air touch my skin.

The door behind me slides open and the sounds of footsteps draw closer. I laugh and shook my head as she snaked her way around my waist, resting her chin on my shoulder.

"The view's beautiful isn't it?" she asked, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Always is," I say "just like you." I answer as her cheeks turned red.

"So should we call it a night?" she asked.

"It's still quite early," I say "thought we could go for a frozen yoghurt. A walk in the park." I smile.

"Well you're adventerous today aye."

"I was born with wanderlust. I could travel everyday if I could. But that would mean leaving you behind so no sir. Here I am."

She laughed and linked our hands, "I wouldn't mind a short night walk with my lady. Extra points cause we're having frozen yoghurt."

I laugh, "I told you so."

I walk by her side, swallowing the creamy dessert and smiling as I admired the nature around me.

Despite the cold weather it was nice to take a stroll with her. It's not an everyday thing for us so it feels good.

"Hey, do you remember when we had that science excursion in Year 9." she asked

"The one at the flower garden?" I answer.

"Yeah that one." she smiled as we walked down the lit pathway.

"What about it?" I ask.

"You know how we were both seperated into different groups?" she laughed.

I dropped my spoon into the cup and nodded, "That was the death of me." I laugh.

"You know how we had to examine flowers and when you reached the bush and you saw me.. why did you move away?"

"Well I wouldn't technically say that I moved away from you," I answer  "Of course all the flowers were just insane and full of colour. And when I saw you on the other side - I couldn't help but admire the view right in front of me. That's when I really felt it. Everything inside me just bursted into colour and I knew at that moment that hey. I'm in love with my best friend. And the reason I suddenly moved away was because I thought you'd think I was weird. Like it isn't normal to stop and stare at your best friend for more than 6 seconds. But I'll admit that you looked amazing on the other side. The flowers made your eyes pop and like damn. I feel so lucky to have you."

"I guess I never really know you as much as I think I do."

"Babe we still have a lot of catching up to do. And when I mean a lot. I literally mean a LOT."