broken home

Leigh

I seperate the double doors and walked through the ER. I looked left and right for the fourth door.

But it didn't take me long when I heard the sound of sobs and cussing. Perrie.
I turned around and walked into the room.

In the corner she was, a nurse at her aid.

"I'll leave you two alone." she answered.

"Thank you." I answer as she stepped outside and closed the door.

I took a deep breath and watched her cry over and over with constant profanities being mumbled under her breath.

I knelt down in front of her and removed her hands from her face, revealing her red puffy eyes and the one thing I never want to see on her.

Looking into her eyes, everything inside of her seemed to be broken, shattered into a million pieces as she held onto her chest.

"Leigh," she cried, shaking her head "it's not true. She's still here!" she said.

I take both her hands in mine, tears rolling down my face as I closed my eyes. "Baby she's not." I cry.

"Yes she is," she screamed "why won't you be on my side!"

I cry even harder and bit my lower lip "I am princess."

"No you're not. You're lying to yourself. Your child isn't gone ok!"

"Believe me Perrie. I'm not. It's hard," I cry "I have the same amount of hurt inside of me but we have to move on baby. It's not going to make it any easier for me. You should know that."

"But she's still - she's still - a - alive."

I wrapped my arms under hers and pressed a firm kiss on her forehead. "I want to stay it's true. But I can't lie to myself. You shouldn't either."

She shook her head and stood up. "Let's just go home please."

I turn the engine off and turned my face to see her all quiet and not in the mood.

She removed her seat belt without saying a word and slamming the door as she got out.

I followed her out the car and caught up to her, holding onto her hand till she let me go.

Another tear rolled down my face as she entered the building without me, walking up the stairs like it was just herself.

I tried to catch up but the faster I did the faster she walked away from me, turning each and every corner sharply till we both reached my apartment.

She reached above the door and grabbed the extra key I had hidden. She wasn't up for me.

She pushed the key into the door and sighed, "Give me your key." she demanded.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just give me the fucking key Leigh-Anne."

"But you already have one."

She rolled her blue eyes and took my ley from the pocket of my jeans "Perrie give them back."

"In your fucking dreams." she answered as she opened the door, walked in and slammed the door in my face.

I grasped the handle and tried turning it. But she already locked me out. My back faced the door and leaned on it as I slid onto the brown wooden floor.

I took my phone out of my back pocket and went to my messages.

Harry & Jade

Please come and help me. It's Perrie.

I sent the text and layed the phone beside me. It was a miracle that the two only lived a street away.

In the silence I just listened to the sound of my happy neighbours with either their family, friends, boyfriends or girlfriends, and their wife or husband.

Yet here I was. Locked out my apartment by my own wife in the bloody cold.

I rubbed my arms back and forth while I waited for the two to arrive, bad thoughts running in my head. What is she doing now?

But that all went away with the sound of running. I looked up and within seconds were my watery eyes met with Jade and Harry.

Jade fell to the ground and knelt in front of me. Harry however stood and with concern.

"What happened Leigh?" Jade asked, tears starting to well in her eyes as she looked at my awful state.

"She's gone," I say "the baby's gone."

"Wait what?" Harry spoke "how?!"

"The doctor said it was from stress." I answer.

"Well what about Perrie?" Harry asked "is she inside?"

I nodded "She made me give her my key. And she locked me out. Now we're both just a broken home."

"No no don't say that." Jade answered, wiping my isolated tears with her fingers "it's gonna get better."

"Let's just get you to Jade's place. You need some rest." Harry said.