Chapter 20. It's Time

Hunnie 💃🏻

"The Princess is approaching!" Yelled an amored guardsman.

"Make way for The Queen to-be!" Yelled another woman entering into the dining room hall.

We just finished cleaning the disgusting mess that was left in this room. The long, oak dining table had an overwhelming amount of blood in a few bowls and even raw meats lying around.

The stench made me gag as soon as I turned the corner of the hall with Luisi. I watched other maids run amok to tidy it up, but there was blood dripping from everything they picked up.

The Queen had eaten breakfast on the other side of the castle and that only meant The Vampire Princess was here. The soon to be Queen.

My stomach kept churning, I didn't want to meet her at all. I've been receiving pleasures from her future husband, The Demon King, and I couldn't have felt even more unsafe than I did back in the jungle.

What happens if she finds out? Will The King come to my rescue and tell her not to harm me?

Do I return back to the jungle and look for Aldrerix?

The thoughts were running through my mind like water.

I didn't even notice that The Princess was already in the dining room!

"THIS PLACE STILL ISNT CLEANED?!?!" She hissed, throwing her hands up.

Her eye makeup was very heavy with gold and black lining her eyelids. Her long brown hair was half up, half down and ending by her waist.

It looked more like a tribal accent on her eyelid and I tried adverting my gaze away from her, in case she could sense The King on me by some chance.

She came into the room wearing a red laced corset dress, with a sparkling gold tiara on her head.

I moved to the other side of the room, following the older maids and took a scrubbing brush to scrub the floors by the main table.

The Princess continues yelling at the maids and picking on left over foods as she walked through the dining hall.

She stopped a few feet away from me and the maids that were on our knees scrubbing, and scoffed. We all bow, and she goes on to mumble about how her people didn't make that much of a mess for us to be literally on our hands and knees...

After we were done cleaning, then we too finally ate a late breakfast. We were all instructed to go back to our rooms after and get dressed to serve and cater to our oncoming guest.

When I got to my room, there was a long pink, satin spaghetti strapped gown, waiting on my bed with a note next to it and a few butterfly hair clips.

The note read,

"Dear Miss Hunnie, we want you all to look your best for tonight's Courting Introduction party. The King has requested all his maids to look elegant and serve our humble guest exquisitely! Please see Giyah or Nyku if you need dress alteration. Shoes are in your closet & enjoy the night!"

I entered the bathroom across my room and took a quick bath. When I came out in my robe, I seen a few women dressed in lace red dresses that barely covered any of their assets.

Respectfully, I bowed to them all and they shot me smirks and evil looks as they walked with their heads held high, clacking their heels down the corridor, snickering.

I ignored them and rushed to my room door and locked it behind me.

I did my hair in a updo braided bun and added the sparkling butterfly clips to the base.