My Mates Equal Me

Hunnie Bahm, The Queen of Ghabaàr

"Oh!

I thought I heard her stomach growl!"

A shriek rings out through my ears and I begin shifting in the bed, trying to wake up my heavy, but empty body.

Was that my subconscious talking?
Because I am, hungry!

"Y-Y-Your Highness, did you hear me?
I think The Queen is awakening..."

I open my eyes finally, adjusting to the direct line of sunshine shining strongly in my eyes. I shield my face, turning to the side and blinking a couple times.

Suki was seated on a chair by my bed side, holding a glass filled with water. She stands up, looking around and then she hands me the glass of warm water. I politely accepted, sitting up and placing the glass against my frigid lips.

"HUNNIE!"

My name is called in such a panic I cough into my glass, resulting in the water to go up my nose and coming back out again. At the same time, Suki takes my glass and rubs the center of my back as I cough into my hands. Then I see Bahm standing by the edge of the bed, rushing over to me.

"HUNNIE BABY!
OH HEAVENS!"

He pulls me into his chest so quickly I didn't have any time to react to him!

"Hunnie!
Im so, so, so sorry!" He cups the side of my face so I could look up at him. His eyes were a deep green, soft and illuminated with sorrow. Whatever could he possibly sorry for...

I can tell he's been crying for sometime, but he also smells like alcohol.

What was he sorry for though?...Seeing him crying even in the presence of Suki, told me something was extremely wrong!

"Wait!" I push his hands away when something clicked in my head.

"What are you sorry for!
WHERE'S THE KIDS!" Screaming on the verge of tears, I look around frantically sniffing the air for my babies!

Had something happened to our babies while I slept!

"Huh?
Wh-What...they're with Kris...
Hunnie I'm sorry...
For how I treated you!" He started becoming very emotional, sobbing, and it shocked me.

His cheeks and ears were red like cherries, his eyebrows twisted in a frown, along with his chin, it was trembling dearly.

"Bahm-

Your Highness it's o—"

"NO HUNNIE!
It's not okay anymore!

I was so scared.

I never even...said thanks!"

He continues to sob, and throws his arms around my neck.