After Death Comes Life

Hunnie 🙍🏻‍♀️

"Here you go, they are beautiful, just like you." Kris says to me.

His smile lit up the room as he handed me one of my babies. I couldn't believe Kris from my childhood years was going to help me raise my children.

Hubi, and Bahari. My daughter and son.

Kris kneels on the bedside next to me, patting my forehead with a warm rag. My body temperature felt below zero, and my womanhood was on fire.

I placed Hubi on my right breast, my son asleep on the bedside next to me. This all felt like a dream. I finally had something worth living for.

Tears began flowing from my blurry eyes as I noticed Kris too, was shedding tears. Though, his tears didn't seem joyful. They looked pained, hurt.

I started to feel sick and almost dry heaved with Hubi still on my breast. She unlatches and I motion for Kris to take her. He shakes his head no, and I heave again.

Everything disappears right before my eyes.
Where's my babies?
Where did Kris go?

A cold breeze stung my face, causing my eyes to flutter open. I felt different. Where am I? Am I still dreaming?

Remembering my last vision, I had escaped and flew over to the ocean shore before seeing The King.

The King....

My heart shattered. He killed me...

I sat up painfully, looking around as much as I could. There seemed to be an obstruction covering my eye. I sat on a soft, silk mattress with many blankets over my body.

I could tell the room was brightly lit. A heart monitor beeping, seems like I was connected to it, for I couldn't lift my arms without a plastic tube tugging painfully in my arm. I could see partially out of my left eye, but everything was blurry and darkened.

One side of my nostrils picks up on The King's scent. My face throbbed in pain as I await his presence in my disgruntled state. My back ached horribly, along with my rib cage and stomach, but what hurt the most was my womb. My womanhood. It burned and throbbed tremendously. It felt like someone stabbed me down there!

My right hand shaking as I felt my fully clothed body. Wiggling and shifting to move, I felt something between my legs. A sanitary napkin it feels like.

I began to panic. Where am I! Who put a pad on me?! Why am I bleeding while pregnant, is something wrong with my twins?

"It's ok Hunnie. I am here." I hear Kris's low voice, making me flinch.

"Kr...Kris?" I whispered, looking around the room blindly.

"Yes Hunnie. I'm here." I hear two sets of feet walking toward me. My heart begins racing. Scared for what's going to happen next as their prisoner. I knew The King was with him, I could smell his scent fresh as day.

"Where are you?" I try opening my shut eyes and waved through the air.

"Hi Hunnie." A woman's calm voice startles me. She doesn't sound evil, but who is she?

"Kris?..." I mumbled. Fearing he had left me alone.

"I am the pack's doctor. I stitched all your wounds and took very good care of you. It'll take about a week or two before your back heals fully. Please get some rest. Kris and I are here to help." The woman calming to be a doctor spoke generously.