Chapter 4: The Little Wicked Witch

Well, after five hours of remodeling, I was finally able to finish Kenji and Yuno's bodies.

The first thing I had to do was remake the exoskeleton. Since it was made of iron, I had to replace it with another metal that wouldn't rust so easily.

I did a few types of metal but the only one that was actually capable was Mithril. It's lightweight, strong, and it doesn't easily rust.

It's actually similar to titanium and the best part of this is, I have plenty of it for the exoskeleton. With that stuff, I won't have to worry about running out of material because after I register as a merchant, I was hoping to make some products that people will want to buy.

Anyway, after I was done with the exoskeleton, I had to find a stronger magic core. The core I used before was a low-grade type of core so it wasn't able to handle the power that Kenji and Yuno were using.

I tried to use a middle-grade magic core but that only worked for a few minutes until it began to overheat. The only core that could work for Kenji and Yuno was a high-grade magic core.

It was able to last much longer than the other two cores and it's still not overheating. I guess Kenji and Yuno's designs require a better energy source. 

I can understand that because they are robots so it's no wonder. It's a good thing that I still have some cores left otherwise, once this one runs out, Kenji and Yuno will be out of commission for a while.

Speaking of which, I'll have to figure out how to fix that problem because unlike the mithril and gold coins, the high-grade magic cores are limited. I'll say it'll take about two to three years until I completely run out of the stuff so before that supposed time arrives, I need to find a way to make more cores. 

After dealing with the primary problems, I went to see if there were any minor problems. Damaged magic chip, nerve string malfunction, deteriorating skin, those kinds of problems.

So far, I found nothing which is good but just to be sure, I'll also look into better resources for them if they do become a problem. After I made sure that neither of them had any problems with their body, I used [Gate] and headed back to the Inn.

It was already seven o'clock in the morning so when I got to the Inn, I already planned to crash in the bed. When I was about to go to sleep, Kenji and Yuno sensed something.

"Master, I'm detecting an intruder in the carriage," Kenji informed me.

"Do I need to repair your sensor? There's no way that there's an intruder in the carriage because I placed a barrier that keeps thieves out." I told him.

"My apologies, master, but I believe that the barrier didn't work," Yuno told me. 

That can't be right. I used [Radar] and checked to see if anyone was near the carriage. 

I then saw a white dot on the radar that was inside the carriage. Looks like they were right about an intruder. 

I'll have to apologize to the later but right now, I need to see who this intruder is. We went outside and checked inside the carriage. 

What we found actually surprised me. 

There was a little girl with silver hair covering herself in one of the blankets we got from the village. It was cold out so even with the blanket on, she was still shivering.

I felt bad for the kid but Kenji and Yuno had a different feeling towards the girl.

"Master, I believe that we should kick out the intruder," Kenji advised me.