Chapter 26: The Ambush

-Ash's POV-

I will not allow some amateur outdo me!

Since it's come to this, I have no choice but to hire the bandits. There are the only ones that I can use to get what I need.

Once I arrived back to my shop, I sent out a message to the bandit leader in town to meet me. We'll be meeting in the Dryns Forest that's east from here.

When I sent out my message, I headed down to the forest where the bandit leader would be waiting for me. 

. . .

It's been about ten minutes and that idiot still hasn't shown up. 

What's taking him so long? Just when I think that I'm wasting my time, the leader finally showed himself. His name was Jerry Luck and he was the leader of the bandits.

He had brown hair and wore a dark brown bandit uniform like all the rest of the bandits but what makes him the leader of the bandits is his black bandana. He may be an idiot sometimes but he earned the title of leader for nothing.

"You know I don't like my time being wasted. If I had to waste another second in this forest, I would've left and hired a killer for hire." I told the bandit leader.

"Sorry but I've been busy. The bandit boss back in Gora City is having trouble with a killer for hire looking around his city. The killer for hire is gone but he wanted to make sure that he doesn't come back so he asked me to give him some of my men." He explained to me.

"I don't care about that. I want you to take care of Whitney Rose." 

"That alchemist girl? My men already tried that and they failed. We were lucky to destroy her store." 

"And that didn't work out either, did it?" 

These idiots weren't able to take care of Whitney or her shop. Thanks to that, that woman has somehow managed to surpass me.

Every time I think about it, it infuriates me! 

"Look, I don't care if you didn't take care of Whitney before because you're going to deal with her here and now."

"Are you telling me to kill that girl?" The bandit leader asked.

"Yes. Now, I don't want your men getting any ideas about having some fun with her before you kill her. She needs to be killed and nothing more, understand?"

"Sure thing. I'll make sure my men understand." 

"Good. Now, get out of here and go deal with that woman. Also, kill the others with her. I don't want any witnesses." 

"Understood." He complied.

After that, he left the forest to complete his mission. As I went to leave the forest, I noticed a black cat on top of the trees.

It stared at me and wouldn't let its eyes off me for a second. For some reason, something was off about that feline.

Nah, it can't be. It's just a dumb cat.

I ignored the cat and kept walking. As I walked away, I could still feel its eyes on me.

Like I'd be scared of some dumb animal.

-Nami's POV-

Thank goodness that he didn't notice me.

I've been following this rat ever since he went to the capital. I should have enough information to give to Yuuto.

The warning from the king, this guy's scheme to kill Whitney, and his meeting with the bandit leader. All of this should be enough for whatever plan Yuuto is doing.