Chapter 9: The Plan Unfolds

-Trevor's POV-

What was this kid talking about?

He's acting like I've been fooled. What kind of game was he playing?

"What are you on about?" I demanded to know.

"Hehehe~Well, you see, ever since I met Iris, you guys have been playing right into my trap. I'm surprised that you actually did exactly like I wanted you too." 

He laughed like a demon but had the expression of some gullible child. Just who is this guy?

I don't get what's going on here but I'm not taking any more of this! I was about to take out my dagger until this Shoda Yuuto noticed.

"You know, it's very rude to attack someone when they're talking. By the way, could you tell me your name?" He asked.

"I don't have any reason to talk to you." I sneered at him.

Yuuto just laughed more. What does he find so funny?

"Making fun of me is a fatal mistake!" I threatened him.

"So is an empty threat. Honestly, the fact that I have to deal with people like you makes me wonder if you're worth my time."

What did this bastard say?! I was about to charge until my brother stopped me.

He shook his head and mentally told me that wasn't a good idea. Yuuto noticed him warning me and agreed with him.

"I would listen to your brother. He seems to know that attacking me is useless." 

I didn't like to admit it but I felt that it was useless too. I looked over at his siblings and saw that they were ready to fight.

The way that they're just waiting makes me nervous. I feel like they could wipe us out in a second yet they won't.

"How is it that we've been playing into your hands?" My brother asked him.

I could tell that he was nervous. I could tell that I was nervous too due to all the sweat coming from me.

"Well, after I met Iris, I was actually thinking of leaving her and just went on to live my life but I knew that wouldn't happen considering that your brother would hunt me down to kill me."

He wasn't wrong. Since he's seen the kid, I had no choice but to kill him.

If someone that was against Hazel found him first then they would've likely got to the kid before me. Hazel's direction was very clear that if anyone has seen and interacted with the kid, they needed to die.

This guy was no exception so of course, I had to kill him. The fact that he knew that fact means that he's experienced with this kind of situation.

Yuuto then continued with his explanation.

"Since I knew that trouble would follow me, I had no choice but to help her. Besides, seeing her afraid and helpless was a major factor of me helping her because she looked miserable and scared so I thought up of a plan to get Hazel to back away from her." 

"And this was your plan? You actually planned to get ambushed by us?" My brother asked.

"Yep. I knew that a cliche moment like this would likely happen and I was hoping for it to happen." 

"Why's that?" He asked.

"Because I get to show you people the true strength of my two siblings. Kenji and Yuno, if any of these idiots attempt to engage, you have my permission to attack them, just don't kill them." He ordered his siblings.