Chapter 86: The Auto Squad

After about four to five hours of modifying, we finally finished the four maids.

Once they were finished being remodeled, they stood in a line and then bowed before us. That's when they bowed.

"Thank you, Mother and Father." They thanked u-Hang on a second!

"Father?!" I yelped.

Who's the father?! Where did that come from?!

"Hmm, I'm guessing since you were remodeling them, they think that you're their father now." Leontine guessed.

I don't care about that! There's no way that they're going to call me that!

"L-look, girls. It's true that I remodeled you but that doesn't mean I'm your father. If I actually built you then I'm guessing you can call me that but I didn't. Leontine did so she's your parent." I tried to reason with them.

That's when they all looked at me with sad expressions. 

"Father, do you hate us?" Elizabeth asked with a depressed look.

"I-I don't hate you! I-it's just that calling me 'Father' is a bit much for me. I'm okay with being called 'Master' but 'Father' is a bit over the top." 

"But . . ." Elizabeth tried to speak but couldn't.

Come on, I didn't mean to upset them. I just don't feel comfortable being called 'Father'.

I was about to say something until Leontine stepped in. 

"Girls, I think it's a little early to call Yuuto 'Father'. Until he feels ready to be called that, you will refer to him as 'Master' until further notice. Is that clear?"

". . . Yes, Mother." The maids told us.

"Good. Now, I need to speak with Yuuto right now. Kenji and Yuno will keep you company until we're done talking." 

After Leontine's orders, everyone except Leontine and me was left in the lab. 

"Well, that was something." Leontine addressed.

"Y-yeah. I didn't expect something like that." 

"I kind of expected it since you remodeled them. I just didn't expect that reaction of yours." 

"I thought it would be natural to feel uncomfortable being called 'Father' even though I built them," I spoke my mind.

"Is that why Kenji and Yuno don't call you 'Father'?" She asked.

I didn't have an answer for that because those two didn't call me 'Father' when I first built them. They just call me 'Master'. 

Regardless whether I built them or not, it would still feel weird being called 'Father' by them. Especially, since those two look older than me.

"So, mind telling me what you're going to use my daughters for?" 

"I need them for doing some recon duties. Arthur managed to escape the Temple before I could grab him. I was able to locate him using [Search] and a few other spells but my hands are tied with the Festival."

"Right. Tomorrow night is going to be the last day of the festival. You're going to be busy for awhile." 

"That's right, and that's why I need your daughters." 

"But why not just get your automatons to do it?" 

That was a reasonable question, but . . .

"Kenji and Yuno aren't enough for this. I need more people to scour the entire city to keep an eye on any threats."

"You suspect that there's going to be more trouble at the Festival?"