Chapter 61: Investigation Time

After we were done eating breakfast, the others and I went outside to explore the city again. 

Well, the others were going to do some exploring while I went over to the Temple to talk with the Oracle. I need to know who the Phantom Pirate is so I can deal with him. 

From what I can already gather, Leontine doesn't know who he is so that's a bust. The Phantom Pirate seems to hold a grudge against someone so maybe if I find out who, I can find a way to defeat this guy.

I told Kenji and Yuno to guard Iris while I'm gone. Nami was also guarding her in her cat form. 

Hmm, I wonder where Billy is. He didn't show up at the Inn or anywhere else. 

Hopefully, that guy isn't backstabbing me because if he is, I'll make sure that he pays. I don't fully trust him yet but I know he's not gonna go away if I tell him to get lost.

For now, I'll just keep an eye on him. With that being said, I used [Search] to find him. 

What the . . . He's following me? 

When I used [Search] I found out that he's a couple feet away from me. When I started to move ahead, I noticed that he started to move in my direction.

That sneaky little . . . Whatever, I don't even care anymore. 

I hate to do this but I still don't trust him so let's have him go somewhere else. I then summoned some rabid dogs without people noticing and ordered them to go after Billy. 

They soon charged him and all I could hear was Billy screaming and running away. Serves him right trying to spy on me. 

I finally made it to the Temple where the Oracle was and went inside. As I did so, I heard a loud commotion coming from inside.

"We need to cancel the Festival!" 

"You know we can't do that. If we did then we would have bigger issues on our hands."

"We already do! Not only are there people sabotaging the festival but we now have bodies popping up on the beach. It took us forever to get them away from the public eye."

"I understand but if we do cancel the festival then Oena isn't going to be happy about it."

"And if we do continue with how things are, the result will stay the same! If we cancel then Oena will be angered and if we don't then she'll get angry too! No matter what we do, we won't be able to stop her wraith."

"Then what do you suppose we do?" 

"Evacuate the city! We do this and the casualties will drop. If we continue to just act like everything is normal when it's not then we'll be signing our own death warrants." 

". . . I understand. I'll see what I can do." 

"Good. Once you figure that out, let me know so we can start." 

The conversation was over and I saw a man in some black robe walk over to the entrance.  He had an evil looking mustache and looked to be in his forties.

He looked like a very suspicious person. He kind of reminded me of Kalvin.  

"What are you looking at?" He barked at me.

"N-nothing. Sorry." I apologized and he soon left the temple.

 Suspicious. Definitely suspicious. 

I'll have to keep an eye on him for now.

After making that decision, I went deeper in the temple and found Fate praying in front of some shrine of a woman holding a trident. I'm guessing that's Oena, the goddess of the sea.