Chapter 94: Festival/Temple Situation Part 4

"You're dead!" 

The demon prince flew in the air and charged at me. Considering his level, he's not very strong if I compare him to Kenji or Yuno so I didn't really need to worry much.

As soon as he was close to me, I moved to the side and dodged his attack. I underestimated Almore though because I thought that he would crash into a wall but he was actually able to maintain his flight and turn himself around and grabbed me.

He then flew me up in the air along with him.

"Karma!" Kenji and Yuno called out to me.

"Let's take a little detour out of the Temple!" Almore told me. 

He crashed into the ceiling and we were now in the air outside. When I looked down, I saw the people below looking at us. 

Almore then lets go of me and I was falling to my supposed death. 

"[Flight!]" 

I made a chant and I was now able to fly. I flew towards Almore to confront him once more. 

"Tch! I didn't expect you to fly!" 

"I'm full of surprises, Almore." 

"Well, let's see how many tricks you have up your sleeve!" 

He then raised his hand and a magic circle appeared. He's using a highly advance magic spell!

"[Inferno Blast!]" 

A massive fireball was then shot at me. I could easily dodge it but that's not what's concerning me. 

[Inferno Blast] is a high-level Fire Magic spell that can not only cause massive damage on impact but emits and very high-temperature heat wave that can incinerate half a quarter of the city after impact.

Knowing this, I needed to keep it from hitting the ground or me. The heat or impact wouldn't kill me but it would, without a doubt, hurt like hell.

Damn, I could really use some offensive magic right about now! No choice then!

I then created a barrier around the fireball. When the fireball hit the barrier, he blew up.

I thought I could hold the blast but it was harder than I originally thought. The blast was so powerful that the barrier continued to crack and I had to repair it only for it to crack again.

I kept it up for about fifteen seconds and then the blast was finally over. The only problem now is the heat. 

The heat was almost as impossible to hold as the damn blast. The barrier kept cracking and I had to repair it again only for it to crack more. 

Once the heat someone went away, I released the barrier and faced Almore who was in total shock. 

"I-impossible! That's impossible! There's no way that a mere barrier could contain my [Inferno Blast!]!" He roared.

"As I said before, I'm full of surprises. So, got anything else to throw at me or was that your strongest attack?" I taunted.

"Don't mock me!" 

Almore then charged at me again. That's when I pulled out a little surprise for him.

"Think fast!" I tossed something at Almore. 

Out of reflex, he actually caught my little surprise. He was confused at first but the sudden flash of light caught him off guard and he wailed in pain.

"My eyes! My eyes!" 

He placed his hands on his face to cover them. Yeah, flash grenades are no joke especially when it flashes a couple inches from your face.