Chapter 126: Let's Agree To Disagree

Okay, I knew that Leontine caused a robot crisis a long time ago, but I didn't expect to hear about some prophecy about a second one. 

Not only that but the second disaster seems to involve an army this time. How am I suppose to react to something like this? 

Should I be scared or curious? To be honest, I'm more curious than scared but I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the time or place.

Well, if anyone knows about this prophecy, it has to be Leontine . . . I hope.

Iris and I then went to where Leontine was. When we got to the lab, we didn't see Leontine at her bench where she usually works at. 

"Elizabeth, where's Leontine?" I asked.

"Oh, Mother is in her office." 

Really? The last time I was in Leontine's office was when I discovered that I was a Chapinin.

Well, if she was there then that's where we need to go. With that in mind, Iris and I then went over to where Leontine's office was.

When we got to her office, she wasn't in a good mood. 

"Why are you here, Yuuto?" She growled at me. 

She continued to glare at me with those menacing eyes. 

Okay, what's up her ass?  She's usually all happy and joyful but right now, she looks like she wants to skin me alive. 

"Well, first off, what's gotten into you?" I asked.

"You don't know?" She asked while giving a half shocked face.

I didn't say anything but my silence was enough for her. She then laughed for a minute but I could tell that she forced it. 

"Wow, even though we're somewhat connected, you don't know why I'm so pissed." 

"If you tell me, maybe I could help you." 

When I said this, she glared at me more menacing. 

Okay, bad move. This isn't going to end well for me. 

"The reason why I'm so pissed is because of you!" She boomed at me. 

"Huh? Why are you angry at me?" 

"I'm angry at you because you've done something that I did centuries ago! You're redoing the mistake I did all those years ago!" 

"What are you talking about?" 

I was honestly confused on why she was so pissed. Iris then pulled my sleeve.

"What's up, Iris?" I asked.

"Yuuto, I think Leontine's talking about your Combat Bots." 

"Huh?"

"Thank you! It seems Iris has more brains than you do." Leontine insulted me. 

Hey now, that wasn't very nice. 

"Okay, so I made some fighting bots. What's the big deal?" 

Once again, that was a bad move. Leontine got up and stomped over to me with fury in her eyes. 

"It's a very big deal! You have an army of fighting robots capable of destroying an entire kingdom without even getting damaged! Do you have any idea how problematic this is?"  

"What are you worried about? Do you think that the bots will rebel or something?" 

"Yes! It's that or someone's going to get their hands on one of them, then things will really get complicated." 

"Come on! You really think that I wouldn't have a contingency plan for something like that?" 

I had a feeling that one of the bots might get stolen so I made sure that all Combat Bots would be unable to be replicated. Even making a knockoff wouldn't work. 

Not only that but I also put tracking devices on them too that gives off their magic signatures so we could track them down. Once I get a satellite working, I'll be able to make a global map that can show me what I need to see all over the world but until then, I'll stick with what I got. 

"I know you're cautious but sometimes that's not good enough! I'm afraid that you'll risk another disaster like I did." 

"I won't let that happen." 

"You think that changes anything?! Your word isn't enough to convince me!" 

"Fine, then we'll improvise! Once the spirit business is over, I'll destroy the Combat Bots." 

"No! You'll get rid of them now!" 

"I can't! Not until those spirits are dealt with." 

"Then you'll risk causing another disaster! Can't you understand that?!" 

"I do understand but this is the only way! I can't use any offensive magic so I need an army and Kenji, Yuno, and the maids won't be enough to fight them, not without casualties in the process." 

"If you do this then you'll cause more harm then good!"

"And if I don't do this then I'll be haunted by the people who died when I could've done something!" 

"What about the millions of people that will die later on compared to the hundreds?! If you do this then you'll cause alot more deaths than what will happen with the spirits." 

"I can't just sit back and do nothing! Not when I have the power to do so."

"What about living a normal life?! Isn't that what you want?"

"It is! You gave me a second chance in life and I want to live it peacefully, but I can't do that with the ghosts that will haunt me because I decided to value my own peaceful life rather than theirs."

"Yuuto, please don't do this. I don't want you to go through the same thing I did." 

Leontine was practically begging me now. I wanted to listen to her but I couldn't.

"I'm sorry, Leontine. After I'm done with the spirits, I'll destroy the Combat Bots. Until then, I need them."

". . . Then don't expect me to help or my daughters. I'm not going to let them get drawn into your foolish decisions." 

"I wasn't planning to get them involve anyway. You deeply cherish them because they're your daughters so I don't expect you to send them into this. I just want you to understand that I can't let people die because of what happened in the past. I just can't." 

After that, I walked out of Leontine's office along with Iris. I didn't turn back.

"Yuuto, are you okay?" Iris asked.

"Not really but I can't let it bother me right now. I'll apologize to Leontine all I want when this is over with." 

We then headed out and went back to the shop. Let's just get this over with. 

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!