Chapter 110: Berserkers

"I-it's s-starting t-to get c-c-c-cold." Billy stuttered because of the freezing temperature.

"That's to be expected from Doma City," Nami stated.

"Is Doma City that cold or something?" I asked.

"Yes. It's because the city is known for being the coldest place in the continent. There are other cold places like The North and South Icecaps but in this continent, Doma City is the coldest place." Nami explained.

Hmm, I don't feel cold but that's probably because of my resistance to practically almost everything but looking at the others, it seems that the temperature was dropping.

While I was thinking this, Yuno called me.

"Master, come here."

I went to the driver's seat where Yuno was.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm sensing seven hostiles up ahead. They don't seem to be human." She informed me.

Hmm, if that's the case . . .

"Keep moving and if they attack, blow them away," I told her.

"Understood," Yuno confirmed her orders.

I then went back inside the carriage and used [Map] to see who the enemies were. It's a good thing that I have this but the downside about this is that the map area is limited.

I can only get about five to six miles of area and the rest is blacked out. It's pretty big but not big enough if I want to find something across the sea on another continent.

I'll have to make something to solve that issue but until then, I should get everyone some warm clothes. I looked over at Iris and saw that she was shivering alot. 

The only person besides Yuno and me who weren't affected by the cold was Scarlett. It must be because of her fire magic. 

I'll ask her about it later.

When I looked at my map, I noticed that the enemies indeed weren't human  . . . It seems that they used to be human but reverted to some kind of humanoid animal. 

They're kind of like beastmen but instead of being born part animal, they transform into part of one. They're a native tribe called Berserkers. 

They take the powers from animals and used them to fight. I believe that there was a war that involved the Berserkers and beastfolk that lasted about a decade.

Anyway, it seemed that these guys were currently watching us instead of attacking so until we're actually attacked, we can't make any moves yet.

I still couldn't get that monster stampede out of my head. Not only that but the ones behind it were Infernus's sisters. 

There's no doubt that they know we have their sister so they'll likely repeat that stampede but with more monsters than we can handle. I'm starting to think that going to Doma City right now would be a bad time. 

I don't the entire city to be under attack but I also don't want to go up against the enemy while in the open. This is starting to get ridiculous.

As we started to get closer to the city, snow started to fall from the sky. This was a clear sign that it was getting colder.

"S-seriously, w-what's t-the d-d-deal?" Billy stuttered.

Billy looked like he wouldn't last another minute and the others were also getting there. I didn't have warm clothes on me so I used a barrier on them to keep the cold out.