Chapter 111: Doma City

We finally arrived at the entrance to the city. 

Like the rest of the cities we've been to, we had to give the guards our identification papers in order to pass. We also had to let the guards search out stuff which meant I needed to hide Billy, Nami, and Scarlett so they wouldn't get arrested.

After we were cleared to pass, we through the gate and we were now in Doma City. It looked like a winter wonderland at first sight.

It was pretty amazing. As we rode through the city, I saw children having snowball fights, building snowmen, and even sliding down snowy hills with wooden boards. 

It was really something to witness. I've mostly traveled with my parents most of the time and never really hung out with kids my age because they would be complete strangers to me.

Not only that but I've never been able to make friends until I was in high school. My parents wanted me to have a proper education so I went back to Japan and started my high school life. 

During that time, it was my big sister that took care of me because our parents were still traveling. They only managed to come to Japan during holidays or another special occasion to come see us.

Oops, I reminiscing my past life again. I need to quit doing that or I'm going to get emotional. 

"Question, what's the issue with the Berserkers?" I asked the soldier who's still guiding us.

"Well, after the beastfolk and Berserker war, the Berserkers lost and were forced into hiding. Even after their defeat, they still come after beastfolk and the other races." The soldier explained.

"I see." 

So even when they lost, they're still going to fight, huh. Well, it's to be expected since even when the enemy loses the war, they'll still fight no matter what.

The soldier guiding us had to head back to his group so he doesn't get in trouble. Before he left, he told us about an Inn about a couple blocks from here called The Winter Tavern.

I thanked the Soldier and we went to the Inn he told us about. After a couple minutes, we were able to find it and booked some rooms.

Once our rooms were booked, we decided to take a look at the city. Billy, Nami, and Scarlett didn't want to go exploring so they stayed in their rooms.

I was kind of worried about Scarlett being with them due to their history with each other but I felt like I was worrying too much and left them. 

Right now, Yuno, Iris and I were now touring around the city. It was a really nice place to be in, just like the others.

I'm not much of winter person but it's a nice place to be in, regardless. Just when I was enjoying the winter city, I got a message from Leontine.

[Yuuto, I need to talk to you for a minute.] 

[Is Kenji causing you a hard time?]

[No, it's about something else.] 

Well, at least this doesn't involve Kenji. I told Yuno and Iris that I had to head over to the base and said that they should continue looking around.

I then went to the nearest alleyway to use my portal and soon arrived at the Base.

"Welcome home, Master." The maid who greeted me was Sapphire.

"Hey, Sapphire. So, what did Leontine need me for? Also, is Kenji doing alright?" I asked.

"Mother called you because she wanted your permission for something. As for Big Brother, he's doing extremely well in assisting us." Sapphire informed me.