Chapter 67: Holy Weapons

"Yuuto, what was that boy talking about?" Fate asked me.

"He was talking about Edgar, the Phantom Ghost. He wants to finish was started when he met Leontine." 

"But she's no longer here." 

"I know so he wants to finish this with me. Since Leontine is no longer in this world, he'll just go after the successor which is me."

I figured that once Edgar figures out that Leontine is gone, he would want to settle things with me. The problem with that is I can't exactly fight him.

Since Edgar is bounded to the sea, it's gonna be hard for me to fight him because I'll be on Oena's territory. For now, I need to make sure that Edgar and his pirate crew doesn't get to shore to start his little invasion.

"Fate, how many [Holy Lanterns] did the craftsmen make?" I asked.

"A-about twelve. Your invention is kind of difficult to understand considering the material you used." 

"That's enough. I want you to get to the castle, get all the lanterns made, then head back to the beach to plant them. Once you do that, you wait for further instructions, okay?" 

"On it." Fate confirmed her orders.

She then called a few priests and started to give them instructions. While she did that, I ran back to the Inn to go get the others.

"Master, what's wrong?" Kenji asked me.

"We're heading to the lab," I told him. 

"Why?" Yuno asked.

"I need to make a few things for you guys, so all of you are coming," I told them.

They didn't question me and followed me to an empty alley so I could open up a portal. Once we were at the base, I soon started getting ready for the ghost fight.

 "Yuno, Kenji, I need your weapons," I told them.

They then took out their weapons and handed it over to me. 

"Yuuto, what are you trying to do?" Iris asked.

"There's a battle that's going to happen and I'm going to make our weapons able to kill the enemy."

"You mean those ghosts we've encountered?" Nami asked.

"Yeah. I'm going to enchant our weapons with holy magic so that it could purify the ghosts and send them off to the afterlife."

"So, you're going to make weapons for all of us?" Iris asked.

"That's right. Once I'm done with Yuno, Kenji, and Nami's weapons, I'll find one for you to give you for the fight." I explained to Iris.

Oh yeah, that reminds me.

"Iris, can you use holy magic?" I asked her.

Since Iris is a witch, she could use magic so I wanted to know what types she could use.

"No, I can only use Ice, water, fire, and wind magic. My aptitude for holy magic is very low." 

"I see." 

In this world, people who can use magic have an aptitude for specific types. There are a large variety of magic types but one I was wondering about was the elemental magic.

There were seven types of elemental magic. There were the four generic elements which are fire, water, earth, and wind.

Then there was Lightning magic, Light magic, also known as Holy Magic, and Dark Magic. Also, Ice magic was just part of water magic since they're technically the same thing.

Anyway, I took Yuno, Kenji, and Nami's weapons and began to enchant them with holy magic. Once I was done with that, Iris and I tried to see what kind of weapon she could use against the ghosts.

Since she was sixteen and wasn't strong enough to hold an ax, we could rule out the heavy weapons. After a couple tryouts with a few weapons, we finally found a weapon that Iris seemed to work best with, a sickle.

A sickle is actually used for agriculture like harvesting crops or cutting down weeds but so is the scythe and we all know what that's used for nowadays. Once Iris got the weapon that was suited for her, I soon enchanted it with holy magic so it could kill ghosts with ease.

Now then, since everyone else got weapons, I might want to make one myself. To be honest, I didn't really know what kind of weapon I could use. 

I'm not a heavy hitter so I didn't go with hammers or axes. I'm also not that good with daggers because they don't work well for me. 

I'm not trying to be picky but there aren't that many weapons I could use.

Except . . .

I got an idea and started to make my ideal weapon. After an hour and a half, I finally finished a few of my ideal weapons.

What I made were flash grenades. I made them before when I was up against Hazel but never did use them again. 

They're the only weapons I've actually tried out so it's natural for me to use them. I'll likely try to make another weapon as my primary but until then, I'll stick with the flash grenades.

My normal flash grenade could only blind people for a couple seconds but with a little tinkering, I managed to make them kill ghosts as well by amplifying the light magic energy to the point where it harms ghosts.

"Alright then, Iris and Nami, you guys are heading back to the Inn and heading to the Temple. Fate is going to try and keep the ghosts from getting on land but I want you two to go help her." I told them.

"What about you?" Nami asked.

"There's still a few things I need to do so I'm gonna hang back. Kenji and Yuno are also staying behind." 

"Got it," Nami confirmed.

"Also, be sure to keep Iris safe. Hazel may not be after her anymore but that's what I'm mostly paying you for so keeping protecting her." I reminded her.

"Right, I'll keep a good eye on Iris so she doesn't get hurt."

Once Nami confirmed her orders, I opened up a portal so her and Iris could go in. Once they were through the portal, I closed it and returned to the problem at hand.

Right now, I need to find a way to get to Edgar without angering Oena. If I were to end up on her territory then it's obvious that she'll get pissed and try to kill me.

Since I can't die, I shouldn't have to worry about that but I'm more worried about the people. Even if Oena can't kill me, she'll likely try and I'll be on land when she does so she'll probably drown the entire city just to get to me.

What do I do? 

[Yuuto, I might be able to help you.] Leontine offered her opinion.

[Really? Then by all means, please help me.] I requested.

Soon after Leontine was done explaining to me the details, I began to start my next move on Edgar. 

Now, it's time to see how this fight plays out.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!