Chapter 79: Not On Friendly Terms

"Y-you gotta be kidding me. T-that's Leontine Hamilton?" Nami stammered.

"That's right. She's going to be watching over the base when I'm not around and give me daily reports." I explained.

"B-b-but, how is she here? I thought . . ." Nami tried to speak but she was actually struggling to speak.

Oh right, I forgot that I told them that Leontine was currently dead. I'll have to go into details about it.

"Oh, by the way, this Leontine is a robot," I told them.

"Huh?" That was all Nami could muster.

"Well, before Leontine died, she passed me all of her memories along with a part of herself. I'm guessing that's one of the outcomes of doing that. Anyway, since Leontine was apart of me, I thought about transferring her subconscious that was with me and put it inside a robot." I properly explained.

"S-so, this is still Leontine?" Nami asked.

"Yep, from the moment she was born to the day she died, this is one hundred percent, Leontine Hamilton."

"Then doesn't that mean she's not technically dead? Sure, her physical body is withered away but what about her mind?"

Nami had a good question. However . . .

"I knew something like this would happen so I only transferred the part of me that wanted to explore and discover," Leontine explained.

"So, you don't feel any guilt or regret for becoming immortal?" Nami asked.

"Well, I do still have that feeling but my curious side counteracts it."

"I see."

"Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you, Nami." Leontine walked up and shook Nami's hand.

"A-ah, right. It's a pleasure to meet you too." Nami shook Leontine's hand as well.

After Leontine was done exchanging greetings with Nami, she walked over to Kenji and Yuno. She then started to examine them with a curious eye.

"I'm impressed, Yuuto. You've really outdone yourself. You built these two after a month being here, correct?" Leontine asked.

"Yeah, but there were alot of problems since I kind of rushed them. I was able to fix the problems so they're far more powerful than they were before." I told her.

"Hmm, I see. Still, though, it's remarkable that you were able to build them like this. I thought it would take you close to a year or two to actually build a robot, much less two."

Hmm, I've been wondering about that too, actually. When I first thought about how I made them, it was around the time I found out that I was a Chapinin.

My guess is that some of Leontine's knowledge happened to come by and gave me the idea to make bodyguard robots. It's the only explanation I could come up with so until I find a better answer, I'm sticking with that.

"So, you are Master's Predecessor?" Kenji asked.

"That's right! I've been watching your adventures together through your Master's eyes. You guys really do like trouble, huh?"

Hey, some of those were unavoidable! I did what I could to keep a low profile.

Plus, one of them was an accident! I didn't expect that taking down Hazel would cause other Crimelords to come after me.

While I was mentally protesting in my mind, I felt a sudden chill crawl up my spine. This was because I felt a threatening presence.

"[Ice Dagger!]"