Chapter 49: Presentation and Mass Production

. . . How long have I been at this?

I found myself sleeping on the floor. I was even drooling.

What time is it? I then raise my wrist to look at my watch . . . Why do I have a watch?

Did I make it during my other experiments? Just how much work did I put in?

When I looked at my watch, I found out that it was eight in the morning. Wow, when did I fall asleep?

I don't remember much but I do remember making a few more light based inventions. I guess I got tired and fell asleep without realizing it.

I still felt tired but I had enough energy to get up from the floor. Maybe I should head back to the shop and get some proper sleep.

Hmm, if I did that then I would waste precious time in introducing my creations. I need to show the King and others this so my idea can spread.

I want my light bulb and others to spread across the country so they could be useful. This will also help with crime activity at night.

Alright then, there's no time to sleep! I quickly got up and gathered up my inventions and left the lab.

When I came back to the shop, Iris was standing by the door. She looked like she was waiting for me.

She even had a chair next to the door to wait. When Iris saw me, she looked startled at first but calmed down when she realized it was me.

"Were you waiting for me?" I asked.

"Yes. You've been gone the entire night so I got worried. Even Kenji and Yuno were concerned." Iris pointed at the floor and that's when I saw Kenji and Yuno sitting down.

They were looking at their surroundings as if waiting for danger. Oh yeah, I told them to keep an eye out for Iris and make sure danger doesn't get near her.

They must be really getting into it because it doesn't look like they've taken a break. Since they're not human, they don't really need to rest but still.

"Alright, I think you guys repented enough. You're punishment's over." 

Even though they didn't appear tired, I could tell that their little nonexistent soul was being destroyed little by little. I couldn't bear to see them in that state anymore.

I say that now but I actually regret doing so. The reason why is because of the result.

"Master, are you okay?!"

"Why is it that you didn't get any sleep?! Have you been working all night?!"

They both ran up to me and did a checkup. They weren't wrong about me being tired. 

I still feel like falling asleep but I can do that later. My excitement is enough to keep me going.

At least until my talk with the King is done. 

"Alright, everyone, we're heading to the castle so get ready to leave," I told everyone.

Even Nami complied with my order. Once everyone was ready, we all left the shop and got in the carriage. 

Kenji and Yuno were riding up front while the rest of us was in the back. I had my box with me that carried all my creations.

The mere sight of showing them off got me excited. Iris looked curious and asked me about it.

"Yuuto, what's in the box?" 

"You'll find out when we get to the castle," I told her.

She looked confused but I was too busy getting excited to notice.