Chapter 7: Guild Registry

As we were riding through the city, we looked around and saw alot of cool things.

Seriously, being in a fantasy town is awesome! I've always loved anything that was fantasy-like.

Even my dragon encounter was amazing . . . Except for the part where it tried to kill me.

Anyways, I saw people walking past us in medieval clothing that you would see in fantasy games and books. I just can't get enough of this kind of thing.

There were even beast-folk! Some of the people we passed by had animal ears and tails.

There were dog-people, cat-people and even bird-people. They all looked human but had ears and tails of animals.

I can't believe I'm saying this but thank you Truck-sama for killing me! This is probably the only time that I'll feel happy and delighted that I died.

So far, I've seen dragons and beast-folks. There were about a dozen other races I wanted to meet but the two right now is enough for me.

Although, there might be a few races that I might not want to encounter. Specifically, the goblins.

I've seen enough manga and anime that involved them to know that they're dangerous . . . And sexual deviants. 

They only go for the females when doing rape but still, that kind of thing makes me shiver.

Anyway, with how this city is so far, I might just want to live here. I mean sure, I have a big house with all kinds of toys and stuff I can use but the only flaw in it is the fact that it's in the rocky valley which was isolated from society.

If that wasn't a major issue then I wouldn't be thinking about finding a new place to live. Unfortunately, the problem with living here is that I won't be at the house which is where all my materials a

So the problem is if I stay or not, I'll be going back and forth from the city to the mansion. I can always use [Gate] but it's a big pain.

There's also the fact that I'll have to go into hiding when I need to use it. Man, this is starting to get too much for me.

"Yuuto, what should we do now?" Iris asked me.

Oh yeah, I was so busy with thinking about living here that I completely forgot about what we should do once we get to the city. My main goal was to register as a merchant but I think finding a place to sleep would be a bigger priority.

"First, we need to find an Inn to sleep at. After we settle in, we head to the Guilds center so I can become a merchant." I told her.

"A merchant? You can use magic yet you want to become a merchant?" Iris looked at me as if I made a poor decision.

"What's so wrong about that?" I asked her.

"Most people who can use magic become teachers, scholars, or adventurers. It's very rare for a magician to become a merchant. Do you know the first thing about being a merchant?" 

Actually, I do. 

During my time in college, I attended business classes for about half a year. I stopped going because it got too much for me to handle.

Anyway, I know a thing or two about being a merchant. There were alot of factors like money for supplies, whether you should own a shop or not, and the worst part of all was selling something that the people would actually buy.

If I became a merchant in my old life than things wouldn't go so smoothly but since I'm here, I can think of a dozen ideas that will catch the eyes of the people. Since this world isn't as evolved as my old world, there were alot of things that aren't made here than back home.