Chapter 65: A Ghostly Tale

-Edgar's POV-

Hundreds of years . . .

I've been sailing this vast blue sea ever since I was in my teens. I loved the ocean and what it offered me.

When I'm out in the ocean, I feel relaxed. It's like all the negativity I've been holding on to washed away.

In the past, I never wanted to part with the ocean. If it were up to me, I would live forever just so I could sail this body of water for as long as I want.

. . . What a fool I was.

It's true that I wanted to sail the ocean forever but my current situation wasn't what I had in mind. I'm currently sailing the ocean not as a man but as a spirit.

The reason I'm like this is due to my encounter with that woman. Just thinking about her infuriates me.

Damn her! If it wasn't for that woman, I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place!

I'm stuck as a ghost, wondering the ocean with no means of escape. I can't go to the afterlife and the worst part is, I can't leave this cursed ocean!

It seems that when I died and came back as a spirit, I was bound to the ocean. It's kind of ironic how the one thing I could never separate myself from is now the thing I want to get away from.

My life was an easy one. I was an infamous pirate that sailed to sea looting and transporting goods for clients for a reasonable price.

That all changed when I met her. Back when I was human, I was called upon by a noble.

He was one of those sleazy dirtbags that get whatever by just jingling their little pouch filled with gold coins. Although I didn't like him, I couldn't say no to money.

He hired me to capture a woman named Carol Conner. Her real name was Leontine Hamilton, the woman that got me cursed in the first place.

I foolishly took the job offered to me and captured Leontine. When I did, I was instructed to transport her over to another Continent.

I did as I was told and sail the ocean with my prisoner.

I was happy and excited since my job seemed to easy . . . That all changed when I spoke with that woman.

"You shouldn't have brought me here. We're in Oena's territory and she won't like it that I'm on her territory."

This was the woman's warning. If I had listened then maybe my situation would be different.

Because of me taking Leontine to the other continent by sea, I angered Oena and she ended up destroying my ship and killing me.

"Leontine Hamilton!" Oena roared this name.

I didn't realize it at first but I soon found out that that woman wasn't Carol Conner but Leontine Hamilton, that immortal Chapinin I heard through stories. She found a way to become immortal and escaped death by all means including the gods' wraith.

Her entire kind was killed off but she was the last one left standing. The Story about The Immortal Chapinin is vague and not everything told can be accurately true. 

All that is said and confirmed is that Leontine Hamilton found a way to become immortal and escaped death itself. Her reason for becoming immortal is unknown.

When I heard Oena boomed that name, I knew that that woman wasn't who I thought she was. When I found myself sinking with my ship, I saw Leontine a couple feet away from my ship. 

When I saw her, I felt my anger overwhelm me.

"Damn you, Leontine! I swear that I'll get my vengeance on you!" I swore to the woman that condemned me.