Chapter 84: A Royal Dispute

Man, I'm tired. 

After dealing with those thieves at the Temple last night, I didn't get much sleep. Usually, my body can go two to three days without sleep but that doesn't seem to be the case today.

"Yuuto, you don't look so good," Iris told me while giving a worried look.

"Y-yeah, well, I didn't get much sleep last night. I was too busy helping out Leontine on my rocket launcher." I lied.

I was planning to go help Leontine with my launcher but I wanted to get some sleep so I just laid in my bed. Too bad I wasn't able to even get a wink of it.

"Mmm, I still don't trust that woman," Iris grumbled.

 "Come on. I know you hate her for giving me her immortality but I told you that I agreed to take it." I reminded her.

"I still don't trust her." 

Geez, Iris is sure persistent about Leontine. Sure, I understand her hatred for Leontine but if Iris is going to hate Leontine then she'll have to hate me too. 

Becoming immortal was only possible if both parties agreed and I agreed to become immortal. I tried telling her that before but she didn't listen to me.

Oh well, she'll probably open herself up to Leontine eventually. She wasn't always attached to me before until I took down Hazel. 

Before that, she was somewhat secretive and didn't want to be friendly with me. Yeah, she'll likely be friends with Leontine sooner or later.

I just have to be patient and wait until that happens. 

After I was done changing and eating, I left the Inn to head over to the Temple. After what happened last night, I won't see the results.  

When I transferred that boss's memories to me, I got some pretty interesting info. One of them being who was the one that hired them. 

Not only that but the person that hired him wasn't alone. It seems that there was an inside man which was why the boss knew what to say to that guardian.

Since I have this kind of information, I was planning to tell Fate about it but I'll wait and see what happens first. 

I arrived at the Temple and I saw something that looked strange. There was some kind of royal carriages. 

I could tell that they were royal type carriages because of how decorated and fancy they looked. They kind of reminded me of the carriages back in Trinity City.

Not only that but there were guards standing in front of the Temple, blocking the entrance. 

Oh, boy. This isn't going to be good, is it?

If I just tried to walk inside, it wouldn't turn out well. I'll have to sneak in. 

With that in mind, I tried to find the nearest alleyway to use my portal. But, before I did that, I decided to disguise myself as Karma just to be on the safe side. 

I also called Kenji and Yuno to change into their disguises too and wait at the Inn so I can open up a portal for them. Once they got dressed and were ready, I opened up a portal for them to go through. 

"Master, what's going on?" Yuno asked. 

"First off, it's Karma when we're in disguise. Second off, there seems to be some kind of royal affair going on inside the Temple and I want to check it out." 

"Understood, Karma. We're ready to follow you." Fatum told me.

"R-right. We're ready to accompany you, Karma." Sors told me.