Chapter 5: Preparations and Departure

You know, when I said that I was going to help Iris, I didn't really think of a proper plan. 

All I knew was Kenji and Yuno would handle the situation but that wasn't enough for me to be convinced. Sure, Kenji and Yuno were robots and couldn't feel pain and with their upgrade, could cause some serious damage but that alone doesn't satisfy me.

I need to know everything about Hazel and her allies. The more I know, the better I can prepare myself for the battle.

I'll have to ask Iris more about Hazel but right now, she needed a new pair of clothes. What she was wearing was peasant clothing so it wasn't enough to keep her warm and protected.

We're currently at a tailor shop looking for some clothes for Iris. I told Yuno to watch her change to see if any of them fit her but then I realized that Yuno doesn't have a fashion sense due to her lack of knowledge and personality.

So I had to be the one to see what clothes would match her. It's a good thing that some of my girlfriends I had in my old life sometimes look for me for clothing opinion even when I didn't have much experience with that kind of thing.

After a few tryouts, I was able to get an idea of what clothes would fit for them. Now it was time to put it to the test!

After a couple of failed attempts, I found the perfect clothes for Iris. It was a light blue short dress with a purple cloak.

All she needed was a hat and she would look like an anime witch. I wonder if they have one in stock.

When I asked the manager if they had any witch hats, he first asked me if I was insane and told me that they don't see such sinful product. 

Geez, what's so bad about witches? If they're as cute as Iris over here than I don't see what's the problem.

Regardless, the clothes were perfect for Iris so I bought them and we went on our merry way. After we were done shopping for clothes, I then decided to look at a few trade shops to buy materials and get my bearings when trading.

When I was buying items from the manager, I was able to haggle the price that it originally was. This was a rather useful knowledge and I'll be sure to remember it and practice when I sell my own product.

I didn't buy much because there wasn't anything I didn't have. I mostly got a map of the country, a few potions, and some alchemy supplies.

I was planning to make some of my own potions and sell them when I become a full-fledged merchant so knowing how to make them was vital. I wasn't planning on selling clothing so I didn't really look into that department much.

When I become a merchant, I wanted to just sell potions, enchanted items, and some devices from my previous world. I still haven't thought about what I can make but I'll think about that once I become a merchant.

One step at a time!

The others seem to be fine and didn't require anything so we decided to call it a day and head back to the Inn. Once we got back, I discussed my business with Iris about Hazel.

"What can you tell me about her?" I asked.

"There isn't much to know except that she's a very powerful woman who knows people of various jobs. Assassinations, bribery, and alot more things. She even has some of the guards in her pockets."

So she's some kind of mob boss, huh. Considering that she's part of this organization, maybe I should disrupt one of her little jobs to get her attention.

No, I'm not trying to go that far but I'll have to make that a possibility if my original plan doesn't work out. It'd probably be quicker to just kill her but that be too much of a pain.