Chapter 58: The Fated Encounter

As the others and I continue to look around the city, we encounter a few stands.

There were food stands and also game stands to win prizes. They actually remind me of the ones back home. 

During my school years, I used to attend the festivals every year. I sometimes go with friends or my girlfriend but once I went to college, I stopped going because I needed to focus on my studies to get a good job.

I wonder how mom and dad are doing. They're probably trying to move on since I died.

I already know big sis won't let this go. If it were up to her, she'd hunt me down in the afterlife if that ever happened. 

I bet when she goes to the afterlife and finds out I'm not there but in some other world living a new life, she'll likely try to get to me so she could kill me herself. My big isn't someone to mess around with.

Even if I was immortal, she'll likely be able to kill me with ease. I have no doubt about that.

. . . What am I thinking? I shouldn't be focusing on the past. 

If I do that then I'll get depressed. The past is the past so I must move forward to the future. 

Still, I really hate to leave everyone I care about without saying anything. I guess that's how it's going to be now. 

I'm just gonna have to suck it up and keep moving forward.

That's right, right now, I have to find a place for my shop. Let's get to it!

Once I resolve myself, I continued my little sightseeing around the city.

Just then, I accidentally bumped into a girl. She had short blond hair and looked about sixteen years old. 

"Sorry about that." I apologized. 

Instead of accepting my apology, she ran up to me at a fast pace. Did I make her mad?

"P-please help me!" She begged.

"What wrongs?" I asked.

"M-my sister . . . I can't find her!" She told me.

Her sister? Oh, so it's one of those lost child events. 

When I asked her about her sister, she told me that she didn't show up last night. She's been looking for her sister since last night but could never find her.

Well, I could postpone my search for a place for a little while. Besides, I can't exactly ignore her when she's like this.

"Alright, I'll help you," I told her.

She looked happy so I didn't want to disappoint her. While Iris was talking to her trying to get some information, I used [Search] to find her sister. 

The way I used [Search] was chanting the spell and saying the thing that I want to search. The little girl said her sister's name was Mindy Lane.

Oh yeah, the younger sister told me that her name was Sara. 

When I used [Search], I was able to find her sister but I was worried about her condition due to where I found her. Apparently, Mindy was in the hospital a few blocks from here.

Hmm, should I guide Sara to her sister or should I go alone? If I were to take her and she saw her sister in critical condition, it would probably not go well for her. 

I wonder where their parents are. When I asked the girl about her parents, she told me that they died and Mindy was the one that takes care of her.