Chapter 25: Popularity And Dissatisfactory

It's been a couple of days since I showed Penny the potion that Whitney made.

Ever since then, Whitney has been getting popular by the day. It's kind of like when my business started out.

"Thank you and come again," Whitney said to one of the customers.

After the last customer left, Whitney lowered her head on the counter.

"This is exhausting." She muttered while sighing.

"Yeah, you'll get used to it. But hey, at least your getting customers." I assured her.

"I guess, but why do I feel like it won't last much longer?" 

"Relax. It's just your imagination." 

After that, Whitney went to the back to make more potions. While she was in the back, I called Nami who was sleeping on the counter.

"How's everything going?" I asked her.

"Pretty well so far. It seems Ash is losing more customers by each day." Nami informed me.

I got Nami to spy on Ash to see how is business was doing as Whitney's reputation started to grow more and more. From what I'm hearing from Nami, it looks like my plan is working out nicely.

"Good, keep an eye on him and make sure that whatever he plans to do, I am told about it." I told her.

"Understood. Also . . ." Nami tried to say something but didn't seem to be able to say it.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well . . . Why is it that you trust me?" 

"What's that suppose to mean?" I answered her question with a question.

"I mean, why do you put so much trust in me when you give orders? You do realize that I was originally sent to kill you, right?"

"Yes but that was only for the money." 

"And if it wasn't?" 

"You wouldn't be sleeping on that counter in your cat form but forever at peace, six feet under." 

When I said this, she was silent for a moment, then she spoke.

"I guess I'm glad that I'm just in it for the money." She told herself. 

"Yep. Now, let me know if anything interesting happens with Ash."

"Right." 

Nami then left the shop and roamed the street again. 

Iris then showed up at the front door and came inside. Yuno was also with her because they were trying out clothes.

"We're back." Iris told me.

"Welcome back." I told her.

I was sitting in a chair reading a book to pass the time. I knew she was here but I didn't let my eyes off the book.

"Hey, Master, could you at least look up?" Yuno asked.

I don't know why she wanted me to look up but I did anyway. When I looked up, I saw both of them had a change of clothing.

Yuno was wearing a bright red collared shirt with a black and red skirt. I also saw that she had a black bow trying her ponytail.

Iris had a light blue short dress. She also had while long gloves that went up to her elbows and had a blue gem on the back of her hands.

Her hair didn't look all that different except for the lightning hair clip on the side of her head. 

. . . I know where this is going.