Chapter 43: Meeting Face To Face

-Bandit's POV-

Here I am, in the grassy plains.

I thought this was going to be quick and easy but our guest of honor hasn't shown up yet. The Boss told me that I had to do some deal with him.

She gave me a list of names that are supposed to be contacts that were sacred to her. Fortunately, they were fake.

Apparently, Boss doesn't want this Shoda Yuuto guy calling the shots so she told me to capture him along with the girl that's supposedly the Boss's step-daughter. I was ordered to play out this deal and when it was over and I got the girl, I was supposed to act and capture Shoda Yuuto as well.

This seems like an easy plan but I'm somewhat worried. What I'm worried about is this Shoda Yuuto guy.

The Boss seems really agitated by him and that's enough to make me reconsider my options. No one has ever done what this guy did to the Boss and lived to tell the tale, yet he did.

Am I ever going to be able to take him down? Well, at least I have some reinforcements just in case I can't do this alone.

Thanks to Boss, I was able to bring some bandits with me. Hopefully, they'll be a good distraction for my escape if things go south. 

What's taking this guy so long anyway? We've been here for almost an hour and he still hasn't shown up. 

I'm starting to believe that he's showing us up. Maybe I should inform Boss about this.

That might not be a good idea though. Considering that Shoda Yuuto is the one that's pissing her off, telling her that he was a no-show might end up with me getting tossed in the dungeon or killed brutally.

Even so, I can't just stand out here all day. Also, Boss expects me to bring in her step-daughter so if I don't come back with her, I'm a dead man.

This is too much for me to handle. No matter what I do, I might as well kill myself because I might get killed anyway.

It'd be better if I did it than let Shoda Yuuto or Boss do it. 

As I thought about my demise, our guest of honor has finally shown up. Looks like I'm gonna have to go through with this.

"Sorry for the hold-up. Since this place is massive, it was taking alot longer than I realize to find you guys." Shoda Yuuto explained.

I don't know why but he looks average. There doesn't seem to be any significant features about him. 

To be honest, he doesn't even look frightening. This is the guy that angered Boss?

I'm starting to have my doubts.

At least he came with our prize. Standing next to him was a girl with silver hair.

That must be Boss's step-daughter. With her, I'll be able to live another day and probably get rewarded.

I'm actually not sure about being rewarded for this but living another day might as well be a reward since I won't die.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with." 

I didn't want this to drag on any further so I went to finish this stupid deal. I took out the fake contacts list and walked over to Yuuto.

In return, he walked over to, with the girl. The silver-haired girl was struggling to break free from the boy.

Yuuto didn't look annoyed but he did do something that shocked me. He knocked out the girl with a neck-chop.

When I saw this, I actually stopped moving and started to sweat a bit. I don't know why but that guy looks more intimidating now.