Chapter 63: A Serious Conversation

"Master, where are you going?" Kenji asked.

"I'm heading over to the Temple," I told him.

"You've been going there alot lately," Yuno muttered.

"Yeah. I don't get to see you often because you're always there," Iris mumbled.

"Well, after that ghost situation, Fate and I have been working together to figure out how to deal with it," I told them.

"Yeah, but you've been doing this for a while now. Can't you take a break from that and hang out with the others?" Nami asked.

I looked at Nami and noticed that she seems annoyed and tired at the same time. Iris must have been bothering Nami since she couldn't see me.

"Tell you what, how about you guys come with me? Maybe you guys can assist me with something," I offered.

They all looked up at me with a happy face. Nami was pretty happy too. 

With that settled, we all left the Inn and headed over to the Temple so I could talk to Fate. As we walked over to the Temple, I thought about what happened last night.

It seems Edgar is trying to turn Yona City into a Ghost City. If he did that then his power could grow exponentially. 

I didn't think this guy would go so far as to make entire city filled with ghosts so his power could be enough to challenge an army. 

[Leontine, got any ideas about Edgar?] I asked Leontine in my mind.

[No. I've been running a few ideas to see if any of them could work but none of them aren't good enough.]

[Well, let me know when you figure that out.]

I stopped talking to Leontine and we made it to the Temple. As we were about to open the door, it suddenly swung open. 

Kenji made it in time to pull me aside so I didn't get hit by the door. The person that swung the door open was none other than that black-robed guy. 

"Watch where you're going, fool!" He shouted at me and stomped away.

"Master, permission to cut down that bastard," Yuno asked.

"N-no, please. I don't want to have a murder charge on my hand," I told her.

Yuno then stood down and held in her anger. The others and I walked into the Temple and saw Fate talking to some priests. 

When she saw us, she told the other priests to leave. 

"Yuuto, did you make what you needed to make?" She asked.

"Yeah, here you go." I gave the [Holy Lantern] to her.

She looked confused and examined it.

"Why did you make a lantern?" She asked.

"Oh, this is called a [Holy Lantern]. It's able to keep ghosts away as long as it's lit." I explained.

"Fascinating! Do you have more of these?" 

"No, but I was wondering if you could show this to the king and ask to mass produce it." 

"Sure! With this, we'll be able to keep ghosts from attacking the people on the beach." Fate looked excited.

She called one of the priests. She then gave the [Holy Lantern] to him.

"I'll head over to his majesty right away." After saying that, she left the Temple to show the king my invention.

The only people in the temple now were the Priests, my friends, and me.

"Well then, shall we head out?" I asked my friends.