Chapter 106: Proper Preparations

"Alright, let's get started," I told everyone. 

"Yes, Master!" All of the automatons said in unison.

Leontine didn't say anything but I knew she was excited to work on the automatons. She had that excited look on her face. 

Once we got all the automatons all accounted for, we started the process of who gets worked on first. Leontine worked on her automatons while I worked on mine. 

Leontine started with Elizabeth first and I started with Kenji. Since both Elizabeth and Kenji were leading figures in groups, it was obvious to work on them first.

We laid down Kenji and Elizabeth and then started to operate on them. 

I opened up Kenji to get a look inside his robot body. When I did, I was shocked to see his current condition. 

His entire endoskeleton was completely in tatters. How did this happen?

I'm sure that I repaired him after the fight with those demons so why is his body so mangled. It looks like he just got chewed on my a giant dog.

Hmm? What's this?

As I continue to examine Kenji's body, I noticed something about his endoskeleton. I took a closer look and saw . . . molted metal.

That's strange. The molten metal seemed to have cooled down but it seems to be one of the reasons why his entire endoskeleton is damaged.

Wait . . . Don't tell me. 

This has to be from when I was up against Infernus. When she got serious, the fire surrounding us got hotter to where it was getting hard to breathe. 

Not only that but the ground was smoking around us more than usual and I'm pretty sure the dirt was bubbling and hardening. If that's the case then with Kenji close by, it has to be the cause of the damages.

"Yuno . . ." I said in a cold tone.

"Y-yes, Master?!" Yuno asked in a nervous tone.

"Kenji's body seems pretty damaged from what appears to be high temperature," I informed her.

"O-oh, is that so?" 

"Yeah, but I can't help but wonder why he didn't tell me about this. Not only that but these kinds of damages would interfere with his job so that makes things worse. Know anything about this?" I turned towards Yuno and asked with a sinister smile.

Even though Yuno was a robot, I could tell that she would be sweating. She couldn't even look me in the eyes.

"I-I don't know w-what's you mean," Yuno told me.

"Really now? Well, that's unfortunate because, without a clear explanation, I'll have to punish Kenji for no informing me of these damages. That means I'll have to get one of the maids to replace him for a while until he repents." 

I knew Yuno wouldn't allow one of the other maids to watch over me and she took the bait easily. As soon as I mentioned the girls, she did a one-eighty on her attitude and bowed before me. 

"P-please forgive us, Master! We didn't think the damages were critical. We sensed that we received some damage from when we rescued the villagers but Kenji said it was fine and we left it be!" 

Blaming it all on Kenji, huh. The least you could do is take some of the blame.

"Are you sure that Kenji was the only one? You could've told me about this, right?" I asked while menacingly smiling.

Yuno turned completely pale, despite her robotic anatomy, and bowed once again.

"Yes! I understand that I could've informed you about this but I didn't. Please forgive me!"