Chapter 120: Back To The Tracking Device

Once we got back to the base, I had to open up a portal back to the city to inform the soldiers at the gate about the dead monsters. 

The soldiers near the gate then marched over to the massacre. While they did that, I went back to the base to start my plan to find Scarlett.

Since Emerald was able to record the magic energy signatures, I'm one step closer to making my tracking device. My original goal was to make a global map grid that allows me to track anything one or thing all over the planet but that's going to take too long and I'm running out of time to make it.

Since I'm unable to make my global map, right now, I need to make something else that's not all that time-consuming. So, I'm basically going to make a tracking device that picks up an energy signature without having to go through all that work.

This means I'm making a device that points me to the source of the magic signature as if it was picking up its scent. I don't know what I'm going to call it but for now, I'll call it The Magic Pointer.

Until I come up with a better name, that's what it's going to be called. Alright, since I have a plan, I should start now.

"Leontine, I need your help," I called her.

"What's up, Yuuto?" She asked.

I then explained to Leontine what I was going to make. After my explanation, she looked excited.

"I already know what to do!" 

Leontine then ran off into one of the storage rooms that held her inventions. When she came out and got back to me, she was holding something. 

It was a small blue and black, thick disk with a crystal screen on it. There was also an antenna on top of it which is probably the thing that does the tracking. 

 It was about the size of my hand and it was easy to hold. There were two buttons on it where one was the [On] Button and the other was the [Track] Button.

Now, I could've just used this to help me track down Scarlett but unfortunately, it was busted and damaged beyond repair, even for me. But, this was not why Leontine gave me this busted up tracking device. 

"You can use this as a reference to make your own, Yuuto," Leontine told me. 

"Thanks," I told her. 

She smiled and walked away. I then proceeded to make my tracking device.

Since I was using this as a reference, I'll just do an exact copy on the design. Once I do that, I'll make a few adjustments on it. 

One of them is tracking energy signatures from very far away. You see, Kenji and Yuno are able to track people with energy signatures but there's a limit to how far it can go. 

I was thinking that once I was done with finding Scarlett, I was going to make Kenji, Yuno, and the maids able to track people from a distance with the help of the global map. Until then, I'm making an alternative.

Okay, I was done designing it to look like the old one. Now, all I have to do is give it the ability to track people's energy. 

I took apart the old tracking device to see what Leontine used. It seems that she was using a magic formula for [Search].

Hmm, the magic formula looks deteriorated and it doesn't even look like it actually worked due to the amount of room it has. It's barely fitting inside so I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't work.

"Let's see. Since a magic Formula didn't work, I wonder if a magic crystal could do the trick." 

For a little experiment, I took out a plain Magic Crystal and shrunk it down so it could fit inside. I also did a few adjustments on the inside so that it could hold and use the Magic Crystal.

I then enchanted the crystal with [Search]. After that, I used a Control Chip and Magic Core to provide instructions and power. 

I had to shrink them before I did anything. Once I did that, I placed them in their slots and set a few instructions in the core while also transferring the spirits' magic signature information in it too.

"Okay, so far so good," I muttered to myself.

The only thing I really need to do now is to see if it actually works. The tracker I made picks up traces of magic energy nearby and tells you where it's the strongest.

I'm assuming that for this to actually work is to go to the places that they've been to and see what happens. This means I need to head back to the abandoned building again.

Let's just hope this works. 

-Aquanis's POV-

"Apologies, mother. I failed you." The Manticore lowered its head in despair for failing its mother, Basalt.

"It's alright, my child. The person you were fighting was a formidable opponent. From what we've gathered, he's the one that took down our sister." Basalt told it.

Basalt then turned to me.

"Aquanis, now that this Karma person is involved, what are we suppose to do now?" She asked me.

That's a good question. With that Karma bastard involved, things are getting more and more complicated. 

From what I can gather, it seems that the shop owner and Karma are working together. It's obvious that the shop owner sent Karma to take back Infernus's Vessel. 

With this kind of turn of events, it's getting far more difficult than I originally imagined.

"We need to keep our distance and continue to watch them. If we can do that, while also trying to get our sister back, we might be able to do something." 

"But none of us know how our sister was sealed and the only person that possibly is either Karma or the shop owner. Not only that but we can't get to either of them because of Karma," Azura stated.

She's right. With Karma in the way, it won't be easy. 

That means we'll need a distraction and I know just what to do.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!