Chapter 32: Time For An Upgrade

The next morning after I got back from the lab, I called everyone and told them that we needed to talk.

What I wanted to talk about was my secret. Since Nami and Iris already saw me repair Yuno and Kenji, I don't see the point in hiding my secret from them anymore.

That is to say, I will tell them the truth about me but not everything. Especially the one about me being immortal and also from another world.

So if you think about it, I'm not actually going to tell them the truth. Although I say that, they won't know either way so it doesn't matter.

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" Nami asked me.

She wasn't in her cat form but her human form. She was sitting on a chair and drinking tea that Yuno made. 

Iris was sitting next to her and was also wanting to know why I called them here. She was still in her blue nightgown and looked a little sleepy.

"I called you here so that I could tell you about Kenji, Yuno, and me." 

When I told them this, they both got serious and stared at me. It looks like their listening ears are activated.

"Now then, what I'm going to tell you must be kept a secret. That means neither of you can breathe a word of this and we both know what happens if you do say anything." 

I reminded them about Kenji and Yuno's suggestion to kill them and they both nodded. Glad they understand how serious this was.

"Okay, the base we were at when I repaired Kenji and Yuno was the place I've lived at for my entire life. My teacher was the one that owned the base and taught me everything I needed to know and more."

This wasn't really a lie since I have memories of the base. Sure, it was Leontine's memories but they don't need to know that.

"After my teacher died, I was alone for a while until I built Yuno and Kenji. After that, I decided to explore the world and live the life I wanted."

"So, Kenji and Yuno aren't your siblings but automatons?" Nami asked.

"Yes," I told her.

"That means you . . . Designed Yuno the way she is, correct?" Iris asked.

I knew where she was going and I gave an embarrassed nod to her. I know that I made Yuno a little too attractive but I couldn't help it.

"So, what are we going to do now? Are we still going your way?" Nami asked.

"Just because I told you my secret doesn't mean anything has changed. You two will just see me in a different light now." I told them.

"Alright, then. What are we going to do first?" Nami asked.

"Right now, I need to head back to the lab and make some preparations. For some reason, I'm getting the feeling that we'll be dealing with an unavoidable situation and I'd rather be prepared than going in blind."

I wasn't joking about this feeling of going into an unavoidable problem. That's why I want to be prepared for any and all things so that I can handle the problem with no trouble.

"Kenji and Yuno, I need both of you to come with me. I'm giving you an upgrade." I told them.

"Understood." They both complied.

"What about us?" Nami asked.

"You two will keep an eye on the shop. If there's a customer then give him what he needs at the appropriate price. I have a chart of items that are being sold in my office so use that to give you an idea of what price you can sell the product." I told Nami.