Chapter 74: The Truth And Nothing But The Truth

I know that I allowed her to punish me but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

I should've come up with something else. Oh well, I can't do anything about it now.

After my conversation with Oena was done, I was brought up to the surface by the mermaids. Once I was on land, I gave one last glance to see the mermaids.

They were giving me hostile stares. Considering that I made their goddess cry, I can't really blame them.

Anyway, once the mermaids went underwater, I opened up a portal where the entrance of the city. This is where Kenji, Yuno, and the others are supposed to be.

The moment I went through the portal, I was immediately tackled by a little silver-haired girl named Iris.

"Yuuto . . . I'm glad you're safe!" She cried in relief.

Iris then buried her head in my chest as she continued to cry her eyes out. I didn't see a problem with it since I did worry her so I allowed her to do it.

"Y-Yuuto . . . What the hell happened?" Nami asked me with a shocked expression.

"Yeah! When ya went through the portal, all kinds of things started happening. Then, there was that giant tsunami that was coming right for us!" Billy explained.

"Well, after we get everyone back in the city and help out a little with the damage, then I'll explain everything," I told them.

The others looked at me with curious expressions. The only ones who didn't look surprised were Fate, Kenji, and Yuno.

As I promised, once we were done helping the people out with all the damage that was caused by the storm, we were all at the Temple where I was going to tell everyone the truth. This means I'm going to tell them everything.

"Okay, so what happened, Yuuto?" Nami asked.

"Well, first off, do you remember when you found out Kenji and Yuno's true identity?" I asked.

Nami nodded.

I was about to continue until Billy interrupted.

"Hang on! What's this about your siblings' identities?"

Oh yeah, he doesn't know.

"Oh, well, Kenji and Yuno aren't actually humans. They're Automatons."

"Huh?!" Billy exclaimed in disbelief.

I didn't want to waste time in carefully explaining so to prove to him that I was telling the truth, I called both Kenji and Yuno over to me. Once they were beside me, I then pushed a button on their stomachs which opened up their insides.

All their wiring and circuitry was exposed. When Billy saw this, his mouth was gaping open and his eyes were widened in shock.

Even Fate was surprised by what she's witnessing but wasn't all that shocked to see. It's probably because she knows that since I'm a Chapinin, it's not unusual.

Since this appeared to be enough proof, I closed up Kenji and Yuno and told them to walk back where they were. After that, I continued my conversation.

"Now then, remember what I told you about my origin? That I grew up on that base with my teacher and she died?"

"Yeah, so what?" Nami asked.

"Remember when Iris talked about the Chapinins?"

"Yeah," Nami confirmed.

"Well, when I told you I didn't know anything about them, I lied. I actually do know about them. In fact, I'm one of them."