3

Ava

"Harry," I shouted, running to hug him. He'd been on a school trip all week, so I hadn't seen him or Charlie at school.

"Hey," he chuckled, "how are you feeling?"

"Good,"

"Were classes okay?"

"Yeah, Miss Markson and Mr Clark are still really nice,"

"I have Mr Clark, he's the only reason I understand maths,"

"He always explains it to me,"

"That's good," he said, wrapping his arm around me, "sit next to me in the film,"

"You and dad,"

We followed everyone out the car park, walking down to the cinema. It was big, and there were lots of people everywhere.

Although I definitely didn't mind it as much anymore, it still bothered me. People would be looking, and they might judge me.

"I don't like this,"

"Do you want to wait outside?"

"No there's more people," I stressed.

"Hey," he said, "it's okay. You're with all of us,"

I pressed my head into his chest, holding his shoulder tightly. While they printed off the tickets, he kept hold of me, gently squeezing me.

"We're going in now,"

"Dad, I want to sit with you,"

"You can sit with me, calm down,"

"Don't tell me to calm down,"

"Ava," grandma said, "he just meant it'll be okay,"

Times like this frustrated me. I didn't understand everything, yet everyone else seemed to.

"Ava, come with me," Lauren said, taking my hand. We went towards the bathroom, standing by the sinks.

"Deep breaths,"

"It's overwhelming,"

"I know, it can be, that's why I took you in here,"

"My chest hurts," I said, starting to tear up, "I can't breathe,"

"Let's not panic, let's think about this. We don't need to care about what anyone else thinks of us, because all the people who have come out today love us for who we are. Calum and Luke, and Michael, they do too,"

"I don't like people staring,"

"They weren't staring, I promise,"

"I can't breathe," I stressed, "I need Milo,"

"We don't have Milo," she said softly, "but you have Harry and your dad, as well as me who understand completely what's happening. I'd be lying if I said Harry hadn't had moments like this, where you heart blocks your head, so he's your best bet,"

"I don't want to go,"

"The cinema is dark, and no one else can see you,"

She wiped my tears and hugged me, swaying side to side.

"I want dad,"

"Let's find him then, come on,"

Gripping her hand, we went into our screen, finding the seats. There was a spot between dad and Harry for me, so I sat there, pushing Viola's arm off dad.

"Ava, that's not what we do,"

"I'm sorry,"

"Did Lauren help you out?"