91

Ashton

"You need to shower," Ava grimaced as Marcus got in the car. He'd definitely had an intense workout.

"I know,"

"You need to wash your hair too," I told Ava, passing Marcus a bottle of water.

"Hey," she whined.

"You can't give criticism if you can't take it,"

She stuck her tongue out and put her headphones in, watching out the window as we drove.

"How was your school day?"

"It was good,"

"That's nice to hear. Did your friends enjoy the cookies?"

"Yeah, I enjoyed the company. How was writing club, Ava?"

"Fun. I enjoy writing a lot. It was Miss Markson and another teacher, and people in all years went. Can you come?"

"Not really my thing,"

When we got home, Marcus and Ava went upstairs to shower, and I found Viola in the kitchen.

"You're all showered and changed ay? I'll dry your hair,"

"Thankyou," she sighed, "please can you put the chips in the oven?"

"Both kids have had a good day," I said, doing as she asked.

"That's a relief. I'm not feeling too bad myself,"

"Have you managed to get moving between appointments?"

"Yeah, I visit the staff room everytime," she laughed, "no matter what pain I get, we've got a little Irwin in there, so it's all okay,"

"Of course, but that doesn't mean we dismiss any concerns. You are important too,"

"I know we didn't expect a baby right now, and definitely do not have the money to buy amazing things, but I'm happy,"

"I'm sure plenty of people will gift us things,"

She smiled and turned away from the hob, kissing me. We'd not had much time alone to be intimate, and if we were alone, Viola wasn't feeling good.

"Can we have a date soon? I miss you,"

"If we can find time," I chuckled, "we will make it. Do you need any help?"

"I'm okay, you can go and change,"

"No, let me help,"

"Well, no, because there isn't anything to help with. Go and change, I didn't see you at lunch and I know you've had a long day. Your eyes are drooping,"

Sighing, I went upstairs and got into my pyjamas, taking a moment to look at my phone. It was a rare thing at thing point, therefore it was flooded with notifications.

Mike 17:56
Ava just texted me. She wants to stay over on Saturday which I'm cool with, but I don't know your plans.

Mike, yesterday at 20:45
Just wondering if Ava's appointment on Saturday is still okay?

Luke 17:15
You good? I didn't catch you at lunch today, or Viola. I haven't seen her for a few days : (
Luke 12:26
Do you want me to bring lunch for you and Cal?
Luke 8:44
Hey, wanna grab a coffee after work?

Viola 😍 17:01
When are you getting home? Might put tea on xx

Mum ❤️ 16:58
Hey Ash, have you had a good day? Harry wonders if Marcus is coming to football this sunday, because he said you were going on a hike?