76

Ashton

"Why don't you talk more about school?" I encouraged, "and what you do,"

"I'm in the drama club this year, as well as taking drama- I was in the show. I have to do more lessons this year though,"

"You will do just fine... does the school support you?" Georgia said.

"They do," I nodded, "Mr Carter is really good ay?"

"I'm only going because I want to see my friends,"

Cal laughed lightly, finishing his drink, "you'll enjoy it really,"

"I think the next group are coming soon, it was so nice to see you Ava,"

"No," she frowned.

"Hey, sweetheart, you have got a whole family to love and talk to,"

"Thankyou for what you did," she whispered, giving her a hug, "you were the first person I remember treating me like a human,"

"There are many more to come," she smiled, "who knows, we might bump into each other another time,"

We took her back to the office, where she decided to put Michael's white coat on instead of as a blanket, and read a book.

Then, we cleaned our office up again and got our tools out. The room was so much nicer now it was themed and moved around, and I worked easier. Plus, my embroidered elephant scrubs were a winner.

"So Viola is taking her to town?"

"Yep, she needs clothes and supplies for school. She's grown out of them all,"

"Because she isn't tiny anymore. I miss that,"

"She looks like less of a target now though,"

"Has she grown her hair out?"

"Yeah, it can get quite curly though and it annoys her,"

There was a knock on the door like with any patient today, because Georgia brought them all through.

"Hello," I said cheerfully, looking at the young boy she carried, "I'm Ashton, and this is my friend Calum,"

"I'm Sam,"

"Well, Sam, please could you sit in the chair so I can count your teeth?"

"How old are you?" Cal asked as I got my gloves and mask on.

"Five,"

"And do you have anything that hurts?"

"Nope,"

"Great," I smiled, putting some sunglasses on him, "this chair is going to lay down now,"

He giggled and I shuffled him to the top, turning on the light.

"Open really big so I can count your teeth, that's it,"

Briefly, he did, then clearly got tired.

"I can't count your teeth like that," I chuckled, waiting for him to open it again.

"No poorly teeth for you today! What toothpaste would you like- strawberry, cherry, mint or caramel,"

"Strawberry,"

"Good choice," I said, taking the polisher, "tilt your chin up a bit,"

He grabbed hold of my arm, so Calum took his hand, grabbing a cup for him to rinse his mouth.

"All done!"

"Thankyou. My friend is scared but she shouldn't be!"

"Well you can tell her that,"